Chapter 31

"May I have this dance, finally?" Louis said, offering me his hand. I smile and grab it. 

He had to dance with all his sisters before he could dance with me. It took a while, but I waited a while for him. He puts his one hand on my waist and the other intertwined with mine. 

"So proud of you." I said, not believing the fact that my best friend is now married. I looked across the hall and saw Jenny and Liam dancing, while Harry danced with Grace and Niall was dancing with Rachel. 

"I know. I can't believe it either. I'm finally married to her." He said, looking at Rachel with so much love, making me smile.

"So, I noticed you crying earlier." He asked as calm as he could, as we swayed.

"I don't want to spoil the day for you." I said sighing, realizing he was talking about when I walked away from Niall earlier. He shook his head, refusing to let the topic go.

"Details. Now."  

I sighed again and look up at him, as we continue dancing. 

"He still loves me." I whispered, tears creeping into my eyes, "He wants to be with me and h- he said that he had to be with Tess because of management and that.." I trailed off, my throat closing up and making it hard for me to talk, as I choked back tears.

Louis stops dancing and stands there, holding me close. 

"He asked if I really did love Luke." I whispered, tears falling off my face. Louis gently holds my face and wipes my tears away.

"My frodo." He whispers back sweetly, "the thing about love is, it only works if they love you back. Do you love him, Bee?" 

I stare into his chest and then I nod, admitting it for the first time.

"Then why the fuck are you still standing here? Go tell the boy!" He said, looking down at me, with confused eyes.

"It's not that fucking easy, Louis! I have a boyfriend, who cares about me and is really special to me." I tell him, my eyes falling onto Luke, who was laughing with Fred.

"And plus, Niall broke my heart." I said. He sighed, before frowning slightly. 

"Okay, I know what happened and you can't hang onto that forever. It took me a while, but I forgave him, and it might take you more time but it just isn't right to hold it against him forever. You either move on, or give him another chance. "He said, swaying a bit to pretend as we were still dancing.

"Bee, I can't help you much. All I want to tell you is, you gotta make up your mind. Luke or Niall? Chose one. You can't play them both around! They have feelings too. And right now, all I can say is Niall's loving you more." he says. 

I slowly nod. 

"I know. I feel the need to have both of them....I love them both so much," I sighed, my mind already deciding for me, "but my love to Luke is more friendly and my love to Niall is more...deep." I said, looking into his eyes.

"I love Luke, but I'm in love with Niall." I whispered to Louis, who nods in understanding, giving me a smile.

I continue swaying us, my head on Louis' shoulder affectionately. I then give him a hug, my heart loving him so much at the moment.

"Thank you, Louis." I muttered, making him hug me back and he places a kiss on my forehead.

"Anytime, love. Anytime." He said. I smiled and pecked his cheek, walking away towards Niall, deciding what to say in my mind.

"Hi." I said to Niall who was still dancing with Rachel. They both looked at me, both smiling at me.

"I'll be with Lou." Rachel said, before quickly scooting to her husband.

Niall gives me a tiny smile, so tiny that I probably imagined it. 

"I wanna make things right between us." I said, before motioning him to follow me as I walked to a less crowded corner of the room. 

"I- love you, Ni. I still do. I never stopped either. But, it's not so easy, you know? You hurt me, like really bad and broke a part of me. Shattered me in such a way, where it was difficult to get back up without breaking down just thinking about you." I said, thinking back to the first few weeks after I left.

"You could have straight up told me. Instead did you have to go behind my back?" I tell him, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry, Beth. I should have told you in the first place and I shouldn't have used you both for granted. I love you too, Bee. And I'm glad you still love me. I also want to make things right between us." He said, smiling. He reached out to hold my hand, making me pull them away. He looked at me confused.

"About that. I'm still with Luke. And I don't want to break his heart." I said, biting my lip, "I'll do it. Just, not now." I said turning my head towards Luke, who was across the hall, on the dance floor with Vera and Fred.

"I just, don't want to hurt him." I whisper. "I understand." Niall says nodding. I smile at him and walk away. I continued to where everyone was and started to actually enjoy this day, even though that thought kept popping up in my mind. 

Luke Hemmings.

I'm sorry.