Chapter 41

"I can't believe it! It's fucking flooded!" I cried out, staring at my living room. Niall gaped at the room, standing behind me. 

"Holy shit. Where is the water coming from?!" he asked, rolling the bottom of his sweats up. 

I removed my shoes, and rolled up my jeans. I carried my shoes in my hand, as we walked through the flood of an apartment. I headed to the kitchen, as Niall headed to the bathroom.

"I think it's the washroom!" he hollered out, making me groan out. I walked to the washroom, as the amount of water on the floor increased. It was ankle length now.

"I can't believe it." I said, so close to tears, as I peeked inside the bathroom, Niall standing inside. 

I placed my hand on my forehead, tears filling my eyes at the sight of the water. My entire flat was flooded with water. My bedroom was least affected as the door had been closed.

"Hey," Niall said walking towards me, "we'll fix this. It's okay."

"I'm sorry." I said sniffing, taking a few deep breaths before my tears fell out of my eyes. 

"That's ok. Want me to call the landlord and inform him?" he asked. I smiled at him, and nodded.

He moved towards the living room, as i continued standing there, staring at the water, almost ankle level.

I sighed, before I walked towards the living room. Thankfully, I hadn't gotten a television yet, so no cables were lying around. But seeing as there could've been a cable, and a fire could've started, this is hazardous. 

"He'll check it out tomorrow. Why don't you stay over, with me and Jen?" he asked, as I considered it. I mean I didn't have much of an option.

I nodded, wiping my tears, as I stepped through the water, and sat on my sofa, placing my shoes on my coffee table. Niall sighed, before sitting down beside me. He placed his hand on my leg, comfortingly, as I continued to wipe the tears falling out of my eyes. 

"Hey," he said, lifting up my chin, "we'll fix this." 

He smiled reassuringly, making me smile despite my tears. He pecked my lips, before standing up to pick up the soaked carpet. He went and hung it up to dry. I sat there for a while, wiping my tears. 

"I hung up all your carpets, and thankfully nothing else was major damaged. Want to grab anything else before we leave?" he said, making me nod. 

I went to my room, grabbing my bag, and stuffing some of my clothes in there. I put in the things that I required. 

"Ni, can you stuff most of the food in a bag? Like the food that might get spoilt? So we can take it over to yours?" I asked loudly, making sure he heard.

"Okay." he said back, as I continued to stuff my things. I went to the bathroom, tiptoeing through it, and grabbed my hair products and my toothbrush.

I walked out of the bathroom, my bag in hand and towards the kitchen, where Niall was removing all the perishable food.

"Thank you, Ni." I said, placing my bag on the counter and sitting beside it. Niall smiled at me, before putting the last of the food in the other bag. 

He placed it beside my bag, sighing. He then made his way over to me, and stood in front of me. We silently stared at each other, his hands placed on my legs. 

He moved both my legs, and stood in between them, bringing his hand to my face. He cupped my face before leaning in and placing his lips on mine. I was to this day still astonished, that he wanted to kiss me.

My hands moved behind his neck, as I kissed him back. He was being so gentle and I loved it. It was like he was putting his love into the kiss, like he was trying to tell me how much he loves me. His hands moved to my hips, as my fingers curled around his hair.

It was such a beautiful moment. We both didn't want the kiss to escalate and managed to keep it under control. 

He pulled away, his warm breath fanning over my face. My eyes glanced from his lips and back to his eyes. I was so mesmerized by him. Everything about him was just so amazing. He brushed back a strand of my hair behind my ear, as my thumb caressed his jaw. 

He took a deep breathe, his eyes slightly hesitating at something. I frowned when he moved away and grabbed both the bags. 

"I'll keep these in the car, ok? You lock up here, and I'll meet you down." he quickly said, before walking to the door to grab his shoes.

I sat on the counter for a few more seconds, worried why he'd wanted to leave the flat so quickly. I sighed, grabbing my phone, before getting off the counter table. 

I quickly made sure the lights were all off, before heading out of the door, locking it behind me.