Chapter 16

Friday. Today was a Friday and I had school. 

Standing up, I notice that I have a huge headache. I stand against my room door, rubbing my forehead.

"Ugh Mom! My head really hurts." I call out from my room. Mum came upstairs, a worried look on her face.

"I have a killer headache. My head hurts really bad." I explained again, heading to the bathroom, as mum followed me.

"Beth, maybe you should stay home." Mom said with a worried look, "Take some rest. It's almost the end of the school anyways."

"Yeah, fine." I said, smiling at her.

----------------------------------------------------

"Okay, I am going to work. Jake's gone to uni. If you need anything, call one of us we'll be there. Understand?" Mom asks to which I nod. She kisses my cheek, before leaving the house.

I laze around the house, trying to find things to do. 

After about an hour of mindless doom scrolling, I message the groupchat, asking if anyone was free. Niall replied telling me that he was free, so I called him.

"Ni? I'm staying home today. Wanna come over?" I asked, as he hummed in thought.

"Yeah sure, I can come over. I'm just with someone right now. Be there in a bit." 

I head to the kitchen and make some popcorn, while snacking on a bag of chips. I then go to the basement and switch on the lights and keep things ready for a movie.

After that I head upstairs to change into my sweats and my biggest, most comfortable hoodie.

10 minutes late, the doorbell rings, making me look up from my phone. I run up from the basement, where I was scrolling through my instagram and head to the front door. I open the door, directly face-to-face with Louis and Harry.

"Louis? What are you doing here? Oh and Harry, you're here too" I said, still pretty angry at him. 

"Hey Beth! I wanted to see Mr. Irish boy." Louis said as he opens his arms for a hug.

"Where's he? I heard he's coming here." He said, entering my house and looking around. I roll my eyes at the lad, knowing he has the tendency to intrude my privacy.

"He's not here yet, Lou." I reply, shutting the door behind them.

"I'm sorry I lied." Harry blurts out, making me turn towards him, seeing that he was genuinely apologizing.

"I don't like to hurt other people's feelings, especially my friends. I never meant to hurt you." He said, "Please forgive me." 

"I forgive you." I said after a few seconds of silence, followed by a sigh. 

I literally could not be mad at them for more than a few days.

I opened my arms and offered a hug, making him smile, as he too hugged me back.

After that Louis insisted we take photos, as we marched around my house for a spot with good lighting. We finally got a few pictures, which Louis posted on his story.

"Aww. Lou, Thank you! I look awesome in this. Damn, marching around looking for the perfect spot worked out pretty well." I said, making the boys laugh. They're so adorable. 

The doorbell rang, making me leave the two boys to cribbing about which picture looked better. I opened the door.

And It was Niall and Becky.