Chapter 36

I entered the fancy restaurant, blown away by the setting. It was very beautiful with glass windows from the floor to the ceiling, thick black curtains covering half of the windows. There was light chatter, and soft music playing in the background. 

I walked in and spotted Harry and Jenny seated in the center of the restaurant. I approached them, clutching my purse in my right hand.

"This place is beautiful." I said sitting down on my chair opposite to to Jenny, making them both look up at me and smile.

"You look stunning." Jenny complimented.

"You do too, Jen." I smiled, placing my purse on the table.

"Where's Ni?" I asked, staring admiringly at Jenny's dress.

"He said he'll be a bit late. He was at the studio, recording, when I last spoke with him." Harry said, making me nod.

"Ok I have something amazing to tell you both, my boyfriend and bestfriend." Jen spoke, smiling and looking at us.

"Oh but I'll guess we'll wait for Niall first." she said, making us nod.

"Anyways, Beth, I heard Nialler got you a job?" Harry asked, smiling at me.

"Yes. I'm so excited, honestly. And I could not be more thankful for the opportunity. It's a dream come true." I said, smiling from ear to ear. 

"Congratulations on Fineline by the way. Absolutely out of this world." I said, smiling when I saw the proud look on his face.

"Thank you. What's your favourite track by the way?" he asked us both, taking a sip of his wine.

"Mine has to be Cherry. Mainly because of Jennys note at the end." I said, nodding at the thought, making Jenny blush.

"And I'd say mine was probably Golden or Canyon Moon. Canyon Moon, cause my names there in it." Jenny said, as Harry turned and let out a small laugh.

"I'm kidding, it's a very underrated song from your album, and honestly it's really really good." Jenny said, making Harry stare at her lovingly.

"Good choice. Good choice." he said, chuckling, before looking back at her.

"I'm proud of fineline. I think I did a very good job." he said.

"You're right you did. And we're all unbelievably proud of you for that." Jen said, pecking Harry's lips, before sending a small heartfelt smile towards him. They joined their hands on the top of the table.

"Thank you, my love." he whispered to her, kissing her knuckles.

I looked away at the small romantic gesture, feeling like a third wheel all of a sudden. 

I looked at the nearby table and saw a group of friends, just laughing amongst themselves, reminding me of what our friendship used to be like.

Jenny cleared her throat, making me turn back to the table and smile at the two.

"Hey look who it is." Harry said smiling, pointing behind me. 

We all turned to look at Niall, walking towards us, his suit jacket in his hand. He looked gorgeous in black dress pants and a black button up, which was left open at the top, showing a bit of his chest. He had a earring on his ear and was sending me a small smirk, as I took him in.

"Hello to the lovely ladies and the lovely gentleman." Niall said, once he reached the table. He took a seat right beside me and smiled.

"Hey handsome." Jenny says to Niall, making Harry playfully hit her arm.