Episode 13 - The Angel of Destruction

~Y/N's Perspective~

I look at Meliodas tentatively, eying the markings on the right upper half of his body. I always knew that he was protective, but protective enough to break through an unbreakable seal? His Deadly Sin should be overprotectiveness. 

Jericho complains of a sudden burning inside, and Guila questions Meliodas' abilites, still holding his sword in her grasp. Suddenly, the sword is Meliodas' hand and Guila's own is laying on the ground beside him. She screams in pain, but seems more offended than hurt by the loss of her hand. Meliodas waves his hand towards the two of them and sends them flying through the air. 

Meliodas seems to give them a moment to tidy themselves up, and Jericho even reattaches Guila's hand. I step closer to Meliodas, preparing to shield my comrades from his demon wrath if he can't control himself. Even though I doubt in my ability to withstand his force for long, it might be enough time for them to run. 

In the meantime, Ban has stolen Guila's spell beads and used them to heal himself. He joins us in the clearing, but quickly notices something off about Meliodas. He confronts him, but Meliodas is quick to dismiss him... By slicing his sword through his shoulder. 

I run up to Ban. "Listen, you need to get as far away from here as possible, preferably as fast as possible." I tell him. "Also, please pick up Elizabeth and Hawk if you can." 

"But what about you?" He asks me, watching Meliodas out of the corner of his eye. 

"I'll be fine." I falsely reassure him. Ban nods and starts running. I catch Meliodas' attention before running the other direction, hoping that Guila was shaken enough to drop her explosive perimeter. I make it about half a mile before dust flies up around me and I drop to my knees, covering my head. 

The dust clears and I look up to see the captain staring at me. I lock eyes with him for a second before he starts to sniff me, almost as if he was checking to see who I was. I feel my muscles tense as he leans particularly close to my face. He nods to himself before lifting his right arm to the sky. The markings reshape and grow into a single wing. He grabs one of my hands with his left hand and flaps his wing downwards, carrying us both into the sky.        

Against my better judgement, I scream and squeeze Meliodas' hand tighter. We're moving so quickly thought the air that I can't pull myself up closer to him or grab his arm with my other hand because of the wind thrashing against us. My body weight somehow doesn't seem to weigh him down but when we suddenly drop, I let out another scream, feeling as if I'm free falling through the air. 

The landing is surprisingly gentle compared to the speed of the drop, but my first reaction is to scramble backwards, away from the fight that I assume is about to happen. However, Meliodas' tight grip keeps me by his side and I stand up, straightening myself out.

The man seems to know what Meliodas is and isn't afraid of the oncoming battle, but he does question why he brought a young girl with him. I frown, offended by his lack of knowledge about the Eighth Deadly Sin, but I too am unsure about why exactly Meliodas brought me. Meliodas makes no indication as to why he brought me, but instead punches him. 

I follow the battle closely, and the green haired man makes random remarks and jots down notes in a journal concerning Meliodas' abilities. Eventually the captain is struck down, but around the same time I feel an unmistakable tremor. 

"Oh." I say under my breath. "So that's what you wanted me to do." I sprint as quickly as I can up the mountain to where the captain is lodged and quickly draw from the memories around me to create a force field. Diane appears and starts to coldly question the man. She soon uses Gideon, which she seems to have found. 

Rocks start flying sky high and hit my shield in a constant barrage. I worry that the shield won't hold, but soon the rocks all seem grounded and I lower the force field. Diane comes up to me and smiles, picking me and the captain up. She carries us to the others and they all great us cheerfully. Ban even punches Meliodas to get even for the scar running across his shoulder.

After they've all chatted for a while, Meliodas turns back to me, smiling. I smile back and hug tightly. Meliodas laughs, but hugs me back. 

"What's this for, exactly?" He asks me. 

I look up at him and answer, "For getting yourself trapped in an unbreakable seal and then turning into a half demon. Please don't worry me like that again." Meliodas nods somberly.

The next morning the captain  and I leave the rest of the group to train or just talk in the forest. We go to the past a small hill and start to talk quietly. "It's hard to believe that the Holy Knights have gotten that powerful. I guess it means I can't pull my punches from here on in." He says.

I nod and sigh, tucking my knees into my chest. "Yeah, I'm probably going to have to start actually using my memories for more than healing." I say. 

Meliodas bites a flower petal softly before spitting it out. He stands up, holding his hand out and saying, "I guess we'll have to give up on that." I take his hand in agreement and let him pull me up. He picks up a stick and waves his hand towards the hill, splitting it down the middle. We begin walking towards our friends, and I snap my fingers, making the hill crumble behind us. 

Hello, hello! This author's note is going to take a while, but it'll contain some very important information, so. First of all, thank you all for voting, commenting, and following! Your support means SO much to me. This book has over 50k reads, 1k votes, and 600 comments. I'm glad that you enjoy my writing, and seeing notifications from wattpad. I read every single comment and try to respond if I can think of something to say. So, thank you again for all your support.

But, back to what you all want to know about. Updates! It's now summer, which means that I have much more time to write, which means more updates! The Eighth Sin I will try to update every other Monday starting today. I haven't been able to write Partners in Crime (My Karma Akabane x Reader) lately, but once I'm able to write I'll try to update every other Monday starting next Monday. So in theory, you'll get an update every Monday.

If you've requested something, it WILL be written, even if you requested it eight months ago. Bare with me as I catch up.

Also, Alex (KitKatChibi697) and I started a new profile for random books, if you want to learn more about me go check out OutgoingChibi697.

In case you're wondering about my Blue Exorcist book... Yeah, that's been cancelled.

Thanks again,
Sammy