Episode 18 - Even If It Costs Me My Life

~Y/N's Perspective~

"It sounds like something's started up outside." Hawk says in reference to the rumbling outside. "We must be underground."

"Yeah." I agree. "Let's head out." I know that we need to get up to the rest of the Sins, most of which seem to be here. 

Elizabeth's eyes widen and she suddenly begins to run, shouting "FATHER!" as she gets further away from us. I curse myself for not realizing that Elizabeth's first priority would be her family and quickly run after her. 

She eventually stops running and instead begins walking, still shouting her family's names and asking where they were. Hawk and I catch up to her in a dark hallway, and Hawk reprimands her for being so loud. 

"ELizabeth?" A meek voice asks from the door on our right. I spin towards it, but hang back when I see Elizabeth rush up to it and say that it sounds like Margaret.  

"Big sister! Is that you, Margaret? Tell me, have you been alright?" She asks her, tearing up. 

"I'm fine." Margaret replies. "What about you? Both Father and I, we've been worried about you for so long now."

"I worried you? I'm fine, Margaret. I'm sorry. It's all my fault. Because of me..." Elizabeth tries to apologize for the pain she's caused.

"Elizabeth." Margaret says soothingly. You shouldn't blame yourself so much. Please. That's something we would never wish for. We love you." 

While Elizabeth and Margaret talk, ELizabeth explaining that Veronica and she were almost killed, but saved by me and that Veronica decided to stay low at her sister's pleading, I keep a lookout. I feel an energy barreling towards us, and using the only logic I can come up with, I erase Elizabeth and Hawk from the room temporarily and move in front of the prison cell, making myself appear as Elizabeth. 

"I'm sorry Margaret. We can talk later. Let's get out of here first." I say, trying hard not to cringe at Elizabeth's voice coming out of my mouth. 

Just as I suspected, the Holy Knight that brought us to Liones appears behind me and says, "Sisters conferring over a prison break? You look so innocent. How did you manage to leave your cell?" 

I resist the urge to laugh  and then really mess her up, instead doing a very Elizabeth thing to do and yelling, "Release my sister this instant!"

"You're under the wrong impression." The Holy Knight says. "I'll have you know, Princess Margaret entered that cell of her own volition." Her voice is really starting to remind of that bug Holy Knight that attacked me recently, which is really starting to annoy me. I'm also wishing that I had just attacked her instead of taking ELizabeth's place. What was I thinking?

Nevertheless, I might as well continue this charade to find out some more useful information. "Do you think I'd believe such a lie?" I ask.

"It's perfectly fine if you don't." She says, making a fair point. She then walks towards me, reaching out to grab my arm and saying, "Now, Princess ELizabeth. Allow me to take you somewhere safer." I back up, my fingertips touching the cell's door and have an idea. 

I snap my fingers, freezing this memory. I step out of the Holy Knight's grasp and bring Elizabeth and Hawk back, also turning myself back into, well, myself. Elizabeth looks confused, and Hawk rears up to attack. 

"Good reflexes, Hawk, but you don't need to do that." I say, stopping him. 

I then turn to the two of them and explain what I did. "Listen, she wants to take you somewhere. " I tell Elizabeth. "We're going to do what we did in Vanya, and I'm going to take your place." When Elizazbeth opens her mouth to protest, I say, "Don't protest. I'm going to place you somewhere in one of the Sin's memories of a place that's fairly safe, I think. Plus, it's here in Liones and one of the Sins will probably find you. It's safer this way."

"Not for you!" Elizabeth cries out. 

I shake my head. "It is because I won't have to worry about you anymore." I explain. Then, before they can complain anymore, I erase them from this memory and reach out to Ban. I pick through his memories and find the place I'm looking for. I carefully draw them in and then return to the current memory. 

I poise myself in front of the Holy Knight and then collapse, faking fainting so that I can watch the rest of my friends. 

I drop in on Elizabeth and Hawk first, and since they seem fine I go to Meliodas next. He and Ban are running towards the castle, but stop once they see giant roots pounding into something in the distance. I narrow my eyes as I feel King's memories pulsing with pain. I see images of Diane laying in between the street, wounds piercing through her. I feel my own heart pounding in anger and immediately go to Diane.            

I arrive to see Diane encased in a growing bubble of green magic, presumably King's. There's a floating fairy with olive-colored hair that floats above a deflated King, and he says, "Impossible! That attack had no effect at all? Did you forgo attacking me, and defending yourself, from the beginning, just so you could pour every last bit of your magical power into saving that giant that refuses to die?" 

Not wanting to hear anymore, I freeze the memory and speak to King. 

"Hey, King, this is your local Y/N speaking. I'll take care of Diane and let you take care of your friend there, got it?" King nods, all of the Sins are used to my preferred method of communication during battle. 

I easily slip into Diane's memories and freeze the bubble around her so that King can fight the fairy, who he called Helbram ,without worrying about our giant friend. I cringe as look through the memories of her fighting the Holy Knights. 'Oh Diane.' I think to myself. 'You're just as caring as you were when we first met.'