Episode 24.5 - I Can Help

"Stop complaining." Y/N said, fussing over her wounded captain.

"Then stop fussing over me!" Meliodas retorted, trying to get away.

"You're the one who hired me as your right hand woman!" Y/N pointed out, spinning around with a hand on her hip and a needle in her hand. "Hey! Do I need to tie you down?" 

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Ban asked as he came in with the herbs you asked for. 

"You take everything out of context." Meliodas said as Y/N rushed over to grab the plants. 

"It's part of the contract I signed." Ban said, shrugging. 

"You never signed a contract," Y/N said. "Now get out!"

"But he's good company." Meliodas whined. Y/N sent him a steely look. "He makes me feel better?" 

"I don't really care, that's my job." Y/N said, pushing the fox out of the room.  

"I'm fine!" Meliodas insists. 

Y/N nods. "Okay, sure. I believe you." She then kicked Meliodas' stomach. 

"Ugh." Meliodas said, his head lolling over as he gripped the sheets of the bed. 

Y/N leaned to his face. "Still fine?" Meliodas glared at her. "I didn't think so."

"Why are you so... Disagreeable?" Meliodas asked, groaning. 

"You're the one that's literally stopping me from stiching and bandaging your wounds." Y/N argued, waving her hands in exasperation.

"I don't-" 

"I've seen you shirtless before!" 

"That's not-"

"I'm good with a needle!"

"I don't care, I'm not letting you!" 

Y/N sighed. She moved closer to Meliodas, placing her hand on his cheek. His breath hitched at the proximity of her piercing eyes. "I can help, I promise." She told him before passing out. 

"Y/N?" Meliodas asked, catching her. "Y/N!" Blood seeped through her shirt, soaking her abdomen. "What the heck?" He lifted her shirt, revealing a wound mirroring his own. He looked at his own stomach, finding no open gash.

Meliodas sprang up, situating his friend onto the bed behind him. He frantically looked for the herbs and the needle. "What do I need?" He mumbled. 

"Nothing!" Y/N wheezed from behind him. "Don't you dare try to stick a needle in me!"

"You hypocrite!" Meliodas said, running over to her and brushing hair out of her face. "What did you do?"

"You wouldn't let me do anything so I took the wound on myself. Simple memory stuff. Doesn't even hurt," Y/N said, wincing a little as she raised her hand to give Meliodas a thumbs up. "That much." 

"You what? You could die!" Meliodas said. 

"No, there's no way that'd happen." Y/N said. "I heal way too fast for a wound this minor to affect me." 

"This isn't a minor wound!" Meliodas exclaimed. 

"If it didn't kill me instantly then clearly it is." Y/N said. 

"Don't talk like that." Meliodas said. "It could still leave lasting damage if we don't take care of it properly."

"My body doesn't work like that. It'll heal perfectly fine." Y/N said, crossing her arms. "Just let it heal. It'll only be an hour."

"Who else knows about this?" Meliodas asked resignedly. 

"Everyone except you." Y/N replied, not quite meeting his accusatory gaze. "I've healed everyone's wounds at least once."

"But not mine?" Meliodas questioned. 

"I wish I could say that I was saving myself up for a big reveal, but really you just never get hurt." Y/N said. "Unless they're major wounds, clearly." 

"But why did you put such a strain on yourself for me?" Meliodas asked.

Y/N averted her eyes completely. "Because I care about you. More than any of the others." 

Meliodas' eyes widened. "Then why do you always snap at me?" 

"I was afraid that if I let you in you'd leave me, like Ellie did." Y/N said, finally making full eye contact. 

Meliodas was shocked to see tears in her eyes. He wasn't sure if it was from pain or sadness. He guessed it didn't really matter. 

"The blood loss must be making me emotional." Y/N said, trying to laugh. "You can just forget about-"

Meliodas grabbed her hand. "No. I won't forget. I'll let you help me, if you promise to stop snapping at me so much. And I won't leave you. If you don't leave me." 

Y/N smiled and squeezed back. "Yeah, I guess I can do that."