Episode 16.5 - The First Celebration (Part 1)

Suggested by: Infamie

So this was supposed to be a special for some other milestone but since I recently hit 160K reads, that's what this is gonna be. There is a tag at the bottom. As always, thank you and enjoy!

At this point Y/N wasn't even sure why Helen was still there. It had been about a week and they still hadn't dropped her off. Her annoying nature and selfish ways had become such a constant that Y/N wondered if she would ever not associate Meliodas with exasperation. Nevertheless, they were approaching the capitol and hopefully there they'd be able to get rid of the nuisance.

"I've gotta say, I've grown used to you two." Helen said as they walked doing the road. "Maybe when I get out you'll let me join your little band of misfits?"

"Heck no." Y/N and Meliodas respond in unison. The trio began to laugh.

"That's okay." Helen said through laughter. "I'd just probably get you arrested anyway."

"Yeah, for murdering you." Y/N muttered under her breath. Meliodas glanced at her and laughed. They only had one horse so they decided to take turns walking to avoid each other's body heat on hot days. It was Y/N's turn to walk. Helen trailed behind the horse since they didn't trust her. This meant that whoever walked was forced to be the center Helen's complaints.

Helen talked Y/N's ear off until they reached a village and then she begged to stay the night at an inn. "Please don't make me sleep under the stars again." She whined. "Even whenever I was a robber we never did that."

Y/N rolled her eyes as Meliodas sighed. "I guess we are pretty close to the capitol. We could probably afford a hotel room. Since you're funded by the king and all." Y/N said. 

"Yeah, we could." Meliodas replied slowly. "Except I don't actually have any money."

"What?" Y/N asked. "You don't have any money?" 

"Yeah, I used it all when we went to that market a week ago." Meliodas said. 

"When we got the ingredients for that stew?" Y/N asked. "I knew I shouldn't have gotten the organic vegetables!" 

"It wouldn't have mattered." Meliodas said, sighing. "We still wouldn't have had enough."

Y/N sighed in frustration. "You know what, it's fine. I have enough for a night, and since you're getting me a job I don't need any compensation." She said, pulling out a small pouch. "Just in the future, mention that you're broke before we get into these situations."

"Sure." Meliodas said. "Hopefully we won't get into these situations in the future." 

"I really, really want to slap you." Y/N muttered. 

"Are you sure you two aren't secretly married?" Helen asked. 

"Yes!" Y/N snapped. 

They walked the rest of the way in silence.

Once they got to the village Y/N immediately walked off, harshly telling the other two to stay put while she looked for a suitable inn. Helen laid down while Meliodas got off his horse and paced around while muttering to himself. "Hey, why are you so uptight?" Helen asked. 

He glanced at her, but didn't answer. Helen shrugged and closed her eyes. 

Meanwhile, Y/N walked around the village and tried to calm herself down. "You'll be fine, everything is going to be fine. You'll get a job, I'm sure with great pay and benefits. Everything will be fine and dandy, and you definitely won't be stranded on the side of a road, completely and utterly broke-" She cut herself off by shaking her head. "Can't go down that path, Y/N."