Episode 5 - Even If You Should Die (Part 2)

'Oh Y/N... Even if you died I'd still remember you...' -Meliodas, last episode.

~Y/N's Perspective~

"Well, guess we should head out to Baste," Meliodas says to me and Hawk as we amble along the road to the prison. I nod my head in agreement, while Hawk asks, "Do you plan on leaving Elizabeth behind? She hasn't come out since you carried that quack to his clinic." Meliodas spins his broken sword on his finger while answering. "Hey, don't be stupid, she's definitely better off staying put here in town. Besides, the Holy Knight's over there at Baste are after her. Jeez, you really are stupid." Hawk retaliates quickly. "You called me stupid twice! People who call people stupid are stupid!" He says, making me laugh silently. "Well sorry about that Porky," Meliodas says with a smile. "That's twice you've called me Porky, you jerk!" Hawk yells at him. Meliodas pulls him up by the cheek, smirking slightly. "You're stretching my pork rinds out." Hawk whimpers softly, and I'm about to say something before being interrupted by Elizabeth's whine. "Sir Meliodas!" We all turn back to see the silver-haired princess running to catch up to us.

"What'd you run out here like that for?" Meliodas asks Elizabeth as she holds up a sheath. "I mended your scabbard while you were still asleep. I can't really attest to the quality though," She says while blushing. While Meliodas and Hawk fawn over her, I walk ahead to find Diane. 

~Meliodas' Perspective~

I put my sword into the newly mended scabbard and smile at Elizabeth. "Well, it looks like it's holding!" I tell her, and she smiles. "On that note, lets get going!" She walks ahead of me, and I look at her with confusion. Elizabeth seems to sense my bewilderment, for she says, "I'm not a knight, but I'm going to keep on fighting too, so that I can keep on protecting the kingdom and it's people." She turns back to look at me. "Even if you were to die now, that still wouldn't change things at all." 

"Don't go killing me off yet, okay?" I tell Elizabeth, causing her to apologize shyly. "Elizabeth, how would you handle it if I was the one who died?" Hawk asks the princess. "Well, honestly, I'd try to move on!" She replies to Hawk's query. As Hawk complains, and Elizabeth apologizes, I find myself looking for Y/N. When I realize that she's left, I frown and decide to move forward on our quest.

"You can rest easy Hawk. If you end up dying, we'll make sure that your meat doesn't go to waste. Isn't that right Elizabeth?" Elizabeth agrees with me quickly, and Hawk voices his protests, but I'm not really paying attention. "Let's get going." I say as I walk past Elizabeth. "R-Right! Let's save Sir Ban!" She replies. "Not him." I say. I hear Elizabeth's noise of confusion, and I explain myself. "I think her name was Sennett? We've got to make sure that we save the doctor's daughter first." I can hear the joy radiating through Elizabeth as she runs to catch up to me and asks, "What about Sir Ban?" I smile at the thought of my friend. "As soon as he hears that we're all heading his way, he'll probably bust himself out." I tell my comrades. "Do you really think so?" Elizabeth asks me. I nod in confirmation.

Suddenly, Diane jumps in front of us, with Y/N running behind her. Y/N tries to signal something to me, but I don't understand what she's saying. Diane and I greet each other, and she asks about Y/N being up and about. I shrug. "She's fine now, so there's no reason for her not to come with us, right?" Diane nods. "I guess you're right."

Y/N runs up to me and frantically yells in our direction. "Captain! Princess! Watch our, Diane's not in her right state of mind!" Suddenly, Diane starts yelling about some Holy Knight, and attacks me. As Elizabeth, Y/N, and Hawk run over to me, I dust myself off from being thrown into the ground. "What the heck made you go berserk out of the blue like that?" I ask the giantess. "That's what I've been trying to tell you! One of the Weird Fangs is controlling her." Y/N tries to explain it further, but Diane makes her move again, and we have to run for our lives. "Darn it, there are people around!" Y/N yells as we see a pair of shepherds. "Hey, if you don't want to die, you should start running!" I shout at them, and they look up to see us being chased by Diane.

"You can't hide forever!" We hear Diane call from the ledge we're hiding behind. "I don't understand. Did something happen to Lady Diane when she went to Baste Prison?" Elizabeth asks me. Y/N groans. "I don't know, but whatever it was, it really made her go nuts." I say while moving the child shepherd off of my lap. Y/N rolls her eyes. "That's exactly what I'm trying to explain! One of the Holy Knights is using his powers to make her think that the captain is a Holy Knight." I nod and hand Y/N the boy. "Look after this kid for a sec, alright?" Y/N nods and takes him, using her skills with children to comfort the scared boy.

Suddenly, a large Holy Knight appear, introducing himself as Ruin. I grit my teeth. 'So this is the Knight responsible for Diane's hallucinations.' I quickly engage in battle with the knight, shouting at him to release Diane.

~Y/N's Perspective~

I groan at the scene in front of me, placing the child down. "Captain, I already told you that the Holy Knight causes hallucinations. You're an idiot!" Hawk is quick to agree with me, and Elizabeth is comforting the small boy. "Oh no..." I mumble when I observe Diane's classic stance for magic attacks. "Run!" I yell to the small group. "They're almost on top of us!" I push everyone forward as huge stone pillars burst out of the ground, nearly crushing us. "What are we going to do, Y/N?" Hawk asks me through pants. I shake my head. "I don't know. We can't them kill each other, but if I get any closer, I'll get killed!"