Chapter Five

Naked – Jaymes Young

Eden

Ending the call from receiver hanging on the kitchen wall, I sigh in relief and happiness as I got the news. It wasn't big but it definitely put all the worry off my shoulders when phoning Richard this morning.

I had gotten up this morning to get ready for work and helping Ezra get ready too when I realised I forgot to put in gas yesterday. I only had enough for a trip to work and the gas station, which were right beside one another.

Deciding to phone in Daniel's family, Richard said he would gladly watch Ezra at our house, he actually had the day off and was looking to do something.

Practically laughed at the convenience, asking if he could take Ezra out in the forest to teach him how to shoot with the kiddy rifle.

I was reluctant to let him give a firearm to my child, but he said that Samuel was coming with him and they would teach him carefully with some soda cans.

Sighing, I just agreed because at this age, Daniel would have wanted to teach him, so I let it be. When we were dating he taught me how to fire a gun for my safety and for fun.

Going to the living room, seeing as Ezra was playing with his teddy bear and another action figure, I want over to him. Crouching in front of him, he looks up to me with a small smile, "Hi, momma."

Ruffling up his wild curls, placing a kiss to his forehead I say, "Guess what? Pa is coming over to take you in the forest with Sam. I want you to behave, okay?" Giving him a stern look, he just excitingly squeals in happiness.

Holding his father's bear to him, he shakes it saying, "Pa and Sammy are coming! Pa and Sammy are coming! It's gonna be so much fun!" Before running over where to muddy hiking boots are and putting them on.

Shaking my head in amusement, I get up hearing the loud knocking at the door. Grabbing my bag that has everything I needed, Ezra follows me to the door hastily.

Seeing that it was just his grandpa and uncle, letting them was automatic to me. They both kissed my cheek before running over Ezra with booming cheers and his grandpa swooping him up in laughter, that was soon to follow.

Laughing with them, I waved goodbye as Ezra blows me a kiss that I catch and put to my heart. Getting in my car, I drive out the driveway and to work.

Finally getting there, putting my things away in my cubby, I put my loose hair in a messy bun. Timing myself in, I get working with my notepad and apron on, greeting my co workers and coming in customers.

Today's going to be a long day, I thought greeting the first customer I get.

"Hello, Welcome to Owl's Night! I'll be waiting you today. Now let's go find you a table." My smile and enthusiastic voice makes the customer and his friend smile, as I lead them to a table.

~~~~~~

Running my hands over my face, I keep in the yawn that was ready to escape my mouth. It was already twelve in the afternoon and my shift was almost over, seeing as I've been here since eight in the morning.

Just one more table and I'll be home free in a fully gassed up car, having my baby in my arms. The doors bell rang, alerting a new customer(s), I turned over with a genuine smile on my face, this will be my last table.

A group of ladies and man came through the doors, I began walking over there ready to greet them. However, I noticed that the man with them is the one from yesterday.

The connection once again began to zip through us, it was something fulfilling to my longing heart. Something I've never felt before, something that I desperately craved.