Chapter Twenty Five

Colors (Stripped) - Halsey

Matteo

My heart thudded profusely into my chest, Magnar whimpering sadly as we replayed the scene of our mates anger.

We wanted to hold her close and tell her we were sorry for everything, but her anger was something understandable. She needed time, but we hope it won't be forever.

"Matteo you're dismissed, but I want you to fix this immediately." Luna gave me stern glare as she looked at me with disappointment, making my wolf whimper even further with his tail tucked between his legs.

Bowing my head in shame and submission, I left the room with a nod to them, needing to figure out what to do to fix this. Leaving their house, I walked back home with my head stuck in the cloud.

I couldn't go back to the house, it would only drive me crazy. The emptiness is too much, especially with my beautiful Eden angry with me.

Walking into the vast of the woods that could conceal my own self rage for not telling her sooner about our souls being made for each other.

I take off my clothes before letting myself being fully consumed by that loving pain that came with shifting with the only living thing that fully understood me, we ran full force into the woods.

Our paws hit the ground with such force, we extend ourselves for our greatest leaps, we let the hazardous wind let take us in any direction.

Trees fly by like blurs of green, the earthy scent being the only thing we can call home truly in our hearts.

The vision of her in my head playing back over and over again like a broken record only urges us to run even faster, not caring that we passed almost every patrolmen.

Though in the end we slowed down our speed to the glistening of the river that streamed down, taking a drink to refresh ourselves from the run.

The sky was already dark, it didn't surprise us that we spent almost the whole day running, we used to do this everytime our parents were home.

The tension would be to much for us to be around so we'd leave and spend our nights running around to tire us out to sneak back in later.

I didn't pay attention within the background of my mind, letting my wolf take control for the most part, but it dawn on me that the way we were going smelled like her.

We were heading to her place and I knew that my apology didn't need to be scripted and thought out, it needed to be said out pure truth. We didn't race over to her home, we took our time to collect our feelings.

Magnar seemed nervous to meet her up close and personal, he wanted to have her approval from her. I made sure reassure him that everything was okay, that we would be loved by her eventually.

As we neared her home, the lights were still turned on, the moon lights illuminating her home. It was my final destination.

We trotted over to her porch and sat there staring at the moon, knowing that she'd feel us close by.

Perking up our wolf ears, we could hear everything as we closed our eyes for a moment to listen to her softly speak a tale, a folk tale of our very being. How the goddess, our beloved creator, created us in her image of love, honour, and pride.

Just listening to softness and gentleness of her voice could put me in slumber, it was so soothing and rich of everything I needed in my existence.

Her voice changed tone to silence, I could eventually hear the light and steady of little breaths from where she was, little one has fallen asleep now. I could hear her light footsteps walked in her home, her sanctuary.