Chapter Thirteen

I will be only updating chapters once a week, I hope this is okay with you guys.

Eden

"The mayor wanted to speak to us about berry festival, he looking into sponsoring Richards strawberry fields." Jillian said excitedly through the phone, I was packing Ezra's bag over there since I needed to head to work.

"That's great, Jill! I'm sure they'll do the sponsorship, those fields and berries are too beautiful not to use during the festival." I said back encouraging and I wasn't lying about it. Richards fields have the best strawberries to offer around here that are grown all organic with chemicals.

"I wondering if I could take the little one with us, I'm sure he'd like to eat the samples his old papa is bringing over and Samuel is going to out with some friends again." She asked desperately.

Placing his father's teddy bear last in to the bag, before zipping it up and hanging on the kitchen chair, I only chuckle back at her. "Yeah, you can take him. Don't worry about it, I'm going to have you go though right now since I'm leaving, bye." Quickly saying our goodbyes on the phone, I grabbed my purse and his backpack.

Placing some puppy chow into the bowl and water in an other so Loki can feed from when he wakes from his nap. He won't be able to take him but we've already set up a blockade to dangerous parts of the house so he won't get hurt.

Ezra wasn't too pleased but he understood that Jillian and Richard have their hands full to be taking care of a puppy and him all at once was going to be hard.

Calling out to Ezra, that we're leaving now, he rushes out of the living room to me with his usual smile. He takes the backpack that I have motioned out for him to take into his hands, leaving through the front door in a hurry to the car.

Locking the door behind me, Ezra was already waiting by the car patiently that I jogged over there to open the doors in a hurry for him. It seems like today is a rushed day for all of us.

Making sure he was buckled in his car seat, tossing my purse to back, I put my seat belt and started the car to the in laws house.

Music played to cover the silence that settled between us in comfort, but Ezra decided to break the silence. "Are we going to nana's?" He asked while taking out his bear from his bag and pulling it to his chest.

"Yeah and she said she's going to take you out somewhere." Smiling at the road ahead me, feeling the excitement from him.

"Momma?" Ezra asked shyly, a blush rising onto his chubby cheeks as he held onto the bear like a lifeline.

"Yes?"

"When is Matty coming back, I want to finish the movies?." He asked casually, making me grip the steering wheel tighter trying to focus onto the road.

It's been a few days since Matteo's visit and I can't help but crave his presence his the hug I'd given him. His warmth was something that I tried to remember so I could sleep in it, but it wasn't the same.

I wanted him to hold me close like I did again, I wanted to smell the natural musk that instantly reminded me of home and safety. Now I just sound like a creep.

"I don't know. Why don't we just finish them ourselves?" I asked him enthusiastically to hype him up but he only started at the outside the flew by us.

"It's fun with him." He mumbles softly in such innocence that it broke me.

How could a child be so clung up on someone they just met and had a slight bond to, but then again that would be questioning myself and feeling as well.