Chapter Thirty Four

Matteo

There was no words between us, the blaring lights of the moving cars passing by our own with the road lamps guiding us from the darkness of the night.

We didn't like the tension that was still between us, it was highly uncomfortable.

She was facing the opposite direction, the sleeping pup cradling into her arms with the seat belt attached to them.

My wolf was still growing at me silently at me, he was facing the same manner as mate. Everytime I would try to speak to him, he would snarl my way before huffing dramatically at me.

Not even the radio was playing for any easement on our parts, as she turned off, incase any loud music would wake up the pup.

I needed to apologize to her, it is a needed solution for my stupidity.

Thinking of all the possibilities of what could be said, my mind already making up its decisions. This was hard to think about, never in a warrior situation have I thought this hard for a solution. It always came to me.

However, whenever it came to my mate and me fucking up anything, it was like thinking for an eternity.

The buzzing between us had me shifting uncomfortably in the driver's seat, her eyes were locked out the window while her hands playing tenderly to her son's curly hair.

Sighing out all my worries, I tried to sound strong, but in the end my voice came out as a cracked whisper. "I'm sorry, mate."

She didn't say anything nor react to what I had said, making my heart sink and even more continuing my apology to her for my warrior attitude.

"I know I can be... rough at times when it comes to talking to you. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that."

Eden only turned slightly to me with hard eyes, making myself and Magnar cry out on this inside for this. Mate should be looking at us in love not in blankness and brooding anger.

"What I want to know is why? Why speak to me that way?" She whispered so quietly, staring at the front of her, watching as we pulled up at her house.

I knew that after I dropped her off, I would running home in my fur, I didn't deserve to stay in her hm after my treatment towards her.

Putting the car in park, sighing as my body sagged into the seat, just listening to Ezra little snores were my focus.

My eyes watching her, while refused to look at me, her eyes twinkling in sadness.

"I don't think I could make you understand. It something I've had to live with because of the pack life. It would be too much to explain and I don't want you to be confused or excuse me for no reason without fully understanding." I said calmly though my heart was beating a mile away for my shitty excuse.

She looked at me fully this time, long and hard, the heartbreak even further into her expression. It only made me feel even worse at the thought of causing this heartache for her, my very being hating itself.

"Then make me understand Matteo. How am I supposed to fully understand of your not telling me? We can go talk inside after I put Ezra to bed, but don't push me away?" She whispered softly, looking me in the eyes to let me know everything she was feeling.

I could only look away from her penetrating gaze to look outward to the darkness of her place, the swaying of the trees from the light breeze were my focus.

I have already given her the little details of my life, but I couldn't subcome her with the burdens of my life, I didn't want that for her.

Her looking deeper would only see the real me, and unemotional man that was hard to understand and had never known what an actually relationship really was. I was too selfish to let her see that, it would only drive her away.