Chapter Thirty Nine

Movement– Hozier ❤️

Eden

The picnic was a great success, or more like just a late lunch inside since it was freezing outside.

Everyone was chatting away like best friends in the living room, with a light movie playing in the background.

She sat closely to Matteo on the carpeted floor, the fireplace was setting out in front of them, and she couldn't get anymore cozier.

However, her tiny son seemed to have other ideas, as he jumped out of Paul's lap into my own. He snuggled into my chest, while Matteo chuckled at the little boy.

"Momma?" Her little boy sighed so sweetly into her chest, her hands petting the top of his golden curls gently as she hummed.

"I like this." He said in a whisper that had her looking down in confusion. What had he liked?

She was guessing that he saw the confusion in her eyes, as he looked up from her chest and looked around the room to see everyone content in their own bubble, now focusing on the movie.

"Everything is so nice, momma." He said before going back to snuggling into her, as she pulled him tighter into her arms. She had felt that ease, that contentment, the happiness that god has brought her.

God or whatever goddess her love had believed in, brought her a happiness that she never knew existed and she felt it there.

And his strong arms were there to remind her as they brought her closer to him, feeling his hot breath against her neck gently.

"This is nice." Matteo said tenderly before laying a kiss onto the crook of her neck, before nuzzle the corner that caused her to giggle.

However, it has been proven that nothing ever nice lasts as a howl was heard throughout the house, rattling the windows that encased us safety.

Everyone had gone silent and someone was quick to turn the television off to hear the next howl that sounded of command.

A shiver was brought down her spine as she held on tighter to her son, and she felt the tightness of her form being clenched before being released in quickness. Into the cold confusion.

Matteo had gotten up quickly, along with Richard and Matteo's uncle Damien. The three went to to the windows to see, yet it didn't last a second, as Matteo was quick to set out orders to everyone.

"I want everyone to stay here and don't leave. I'll be back." He said strongly before going over to the door, yet I couldn't help the fear that clawed up my throat.

She called out to him, yet she didn't know if he had heard her or ignored her, but he left out the door.

Slamming the door shut that only caused more anxiety than it should have. The last older men went to the doors, locking them and the windows.

Looking to over the older women that were discussing quietly to themselves, she couldn't hold in the question that stayed in her mind the moment her love left out the door.

"What's happening? Where did he go?"

They look to me in softness before going over to us and trying to soothe me with light comfort, yet she was still in question. "There has been some intruders within the pack. You don't have to worry though, the warriors are going to take care of it."

Mary said softly as Jillian rubbed my arms gently. "Don't worry sweety. From what I have seen from this pack, within a few days, is that this pack won't let anything come in." Jillian gave her a reassuring and determined smile.