Chapter Nine

Warm Honey — Willow Smith ( I dance to this when I feel sexy for some reason lol)

Eden

Melinda, the manager of the diner, called in this morning, letting me know that I didn't have to come into work today.

Saying that they just hired another highschooler, that they were going to have her cover my Wednesdays, so that was good.

When Daniel died, he left me with enough money to live without working for a while because he was co owning the construction business he worked in. He left us his sharing from the company to us in his will.

I just like to work to keep my mind off of things and for any emergencies that we would need the extra money.

Now I have more time to spend with Ezra, who is currently still sleeping beside me. Sighing as the morning sun was shining through the room, I was trying to figure out what we could do for today.

Shuffling beside me had me lose all thoughts, looking over to bed, Ezra is finally waking up. I'll just ask him what he wants to do for today.

Turning on my side, so that I'm on my stomach looking at my baby boy, he rubs his little hands on his tired eyes.

When he finally looks at me, he only smiles at me with blushing cheek and crawls over to me to lay on my back.

Laughing at how he clings to me while nuzzling my back with his tiny nose, his blonde curls a mess all in his face. "Morning momma." he said softly through my clothed back, as he giggles along with me.

Pulling him off my back, turning my body around, and have him on my lap gently. He straddles my lap, wrapping his small arms around my neck closely, "Momma doesn't have work today, baby. What do you want to do?" I said gently, his eyes lighting up in happiness.

Ezra bounces in my lap cheering in happiness, he whisper shouts, "Can we go in the woods, I want to go to the woods?!" my mind goes blank for a while, before agreeing him.

The weather seems to be good for a walk today, the woods were like a playground for him to climb around. If only he was here...

Wow, why did my mind drift to Matteo?! We barely know each other to even think about him like that, with a longing in my chest. I swear I'm going crazy.

Shaking my head from those weird thoughts, I look at the adoring baby boy with a smile of my own that reflect upon each other, though we looked almost different yet we looked similar.

"Lets go get changed and ready for breakfast, then we'll go, okay?" I didn't have to ask twice as he jumped off my laugh and out of the room.

Getting out my bad, making my bed again, I head to the bathroom do to my morning routine. It wasn't long before I was already dressed in comfortable clothes and down the stairs to make breakfast.

I was dressed in purple long sleeve with black high waisted skinny jeans, the front was tucked into the jeans, my feet adorn some dark brown hiking boots. When picking them out, they reminded me of the color of his luscious hair.

My thoughts of him were not gonna stop, no matter how much I fight it, so why fight it?

Looking into the fridge, taking out a couple of eggs, potatoes, and the spam, I put them on the counter. Looking then later for the cooking pan, I finally start to make some breakfast for the both of us.

On another burner, I'm heating up some corn and flour tortillas to eat with the food, when he came down the step with a happy smile.

Ezra came in with similar outfit to my own, a grey long sleeve shirt, dark blue stretchy jeans, and his black hiking boots. The mess of his curls were still wild, but nothing like Daniel's hair cream wouldn't help fix it.