Chapter Thirty One

Eden

The shop smelled of fresh rain and blooming flowers of all kinds, that lit the walls and counters of the store with it's amazing colors.

The walls were of a light green and the contrast of the deep brown of the counters went well with each other.

The two teens that were working with me, maned the store front with arrangements, as I was in the back hauling with all might strength the last bags of manure for those who wanted to do their own gardening.

Wiping off the sweat that dripped smoothly down my face and neck with my tank top, I tighten the elastic of my ponytail so it's not lose to fall.

Making sure that they were stacked evenly, wrapping them in twine for security, I went over to the next inventory items that needed to be stocked.

Going straight to the back, looking at the empty space that had no more items left, and heaving a sigh of relief.

Ms. Day had called me in that morning around seven, to work with the others, it seems that she ordered new inventory and wanted us to stock it up and replace last weeks arrangements.

The store would open soon in about thirty minutes or less, as I looked to the clock beside me, and went straight to the bathroom. I was told to bring in extra clothing and my uniform, which wasn't much. I wanted to freshen up before opening up.

Taking off my clothes and sports bra, replacing it with the freshly cleaned uniform shirt, regular jeans, and a bra. I was quick to put on deodorant and wash my fash with the cold water that ran from the faucet.

The shirt was a light pink color, on the right side it had a cursive font with a little garden patch at the bottom of it, and on the other side was my name tag.

Leaving my ponytail in place, smiling lightly in the mirror at the new start I was having, even if it was a job, it felt good.

"Eden, we're opening up now, you ready?" Molly, one of the young teens, shouted from the the other side, as I just walked out the bathroom with a light smile on my face.

"Open them up, dummy!" Jared, the other teen, shouted excitedly at Molly, who rolled her eyes at him.

Giggling at them, leaning up against the wall next to the counter, it seemed like the arrangements were attracting some of the window shoppers already.

Molly opened the doors and switch open the closed sign to open, and a woman with a small child holding her hand came in with bright smiles.

Their eyes already on one of the arrangements that had roses and babies breathe in them.

"Hello, welcome to Sunny's Garden Shop, how can we help you today?" Was asked brightly by Jared as the woman immediately turned to him with a soft smile, telling him what she needed.

That was how it was today, helping those who came in with new ideas to start or increase their gardening as the casting of the clouds moodiness slowly seemed to disappear with time.

I didn't mind it one bit, as it was much calmer than having to rush back and forth with little help, trying to get food to people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See you later Eden, Jared!"

"Bye guys!"

"You guys drive safe please!" I shouted back worriedly as they laugh it off, getting into their cars or who they were getting a ride from, and drove off as I watched them from a distance.

It was only five thirty in the afternoon, but it was already showing the colors of the sky, slowly seeping into a sunset.

The shop closed up at around five, since most people usually don't hang around there for long, trying to get home before supper.