Chapter Forty Seven

happy valentine's day everyone! this is just a light chapter that I hope you enjoy!

Eden

She couldn't keep the tears from escaping from her eyes, watching her son hugging the equally small girl goodbye, before looking to his mother.

He ran to her with the biggest smile that always brightened her day, she crouched down on his level to give him the warmest hug she could offer him.

His tiny body enclosed in her arms, before pulling away to look at his beautiful face.

His glittering blue eyes looked to her in happiness but there was an underlying sadness in them, as she took his tiny face in her hands with a gentle smile. This usual mess of curls were golden in the sun.

"You make sure to listen to your grandparents, okay? And don't go far from them. Que dios te cuide, mijo. Te amo con todo mi corazón." Her heart ached as she laid kisses on his face, making him giggle lightly.

Hugging him to her body once more, she looked beyond his body to see his grandparents and uncle waiting for him with excited smiles.

They gave her a look of reassurance, even after they gave a long talk about what they would be doing, where they would be, and how they got permission from the Alpha after her approval.

Pulling away once more, she got up from her knees to stand next to Matteo, who gave his own hug and instructions to her son that were of protection.

She loved how they both looked so good together, she knew that her son looked up to Matteo, as he looked at him wonder. '

Once they stopped their own talk, Ezra looked at her one last time, before saying, "I'll miss you momma, but I won't be sad cause we'll always be together. Matteo will take care of you now, but I come back I'm the big man in the house again, okay?"

This made Eden giggle into her hands as her son puffed out his chest, especially when Matteo winked at him approval.

She could only nodded before blowing him a kiss, as he ran back to his grandparents.

Samuel caught the flying boy into his arms before waving their last goodbyes, as they entered the car and starting it to leave. It didn't hurt any less to have her son be away from her for a while.

She watched the car begin to leave out from the road that would bring them right out the pack, and heavy became heavy with each distancing minute that her son was gone.

"Lets go inside, everything's going to be alright." Big arms wrapped around her, the warmth of this beautiful being lighting up her existence. Her heart still ached, but he always made her feel better.

Eden let her strong man led her inside her home, as they walked through the door the snorring of her puppy caught her attention. Loki's going to have cow once he notices that his favorite wasn't here.

Matteo pulled her to the couch, sitting her on his lap comfortably, as he held her close to his body. Like he always did and like she always enjoys. It was thing that they always did.

Just to be in each others comfort and presence was better than going out on the town and stressing about what they would do. They waited for each other long enough, whether they knew it or not within themselves.

Sometimes, and even in that moment, they continued to explore each other and what their interests were, even the littlest of things.

Eden's head was snugged in deeply into his beefy arms, her own personal pillow if she was to say out loud. He even laid a hand in her hair as she rested comfortably, playing and twiddling with the strands of her hair.