Chapter Forty

Happy early HOLIDAYS! I apologize for updating during my usual days. Finals were wrecking me to ground and I just hope you guys were well during those time!

Enjoy ;)

Eden

The shaking in her legs got even worse as she couldn't help herself from flickering her attention to the door, everything she thought it would creek.

She tried so desperately to pay attention to the game that they were playing in the living room, and the soothing presence of her child in her lap, but the worry still suffocated her.

What was happening out there? Will Matteo be okay? Will anyone be hurt?

The questions were just flying through her head in a constant state of unintentional overthinking, that she almost didn't notice the hand that laid at her arm trying to get her attention.

Looking over, the young girl beside known as Bea, sent her a little smile before saying, "Don't think too much about it. Matteo is one of the best warriors we have, he'd never let anything happen to him, especially now that he has you."

Eden couldn't help feel grateful for this girl's reassurance, that even though the worry still was lurking within her, it dwindled down a bit.

She should know better than to question her mates strength and capability within this pack.

Looking down at her son and the cards he held, she knew that he would be winner and he didn't even know it.

The vibrant cards that laid in his hands were now pressed to his chest as he gave stink to Bea, who tried to sneak a peek at low stack that he had.

"Call it in, baby." She whispered lightly in his eyes, for only he would hear as the others paid attention more to their own cards rather onto her.

Ezra looked up at her in confusion, as she only sent him a wink, before placing alight kiss on the side of his curly head.

She watched him look around before watching the smirk that play out on his little features.

Ezra waited for his turn as we both watched his grandpa curse lowly nas he needed to take any other card, we all snickered, but when it came to him, he played it innocent.

"Your turn, curly." Damien said with a sigh, as he looked at his own cards, probably in disappointment. This caused her to giggle, especially when Ezra puffed out his chest in ego.

"You're all losers." He shouted with glee as he slapped down his cards, that caused everyone to groan at his cards that counted out to twenty one.

"How can that happen?"

"Damn it!"

"I've taught him well."

Ezra still had his chest puffed out in pride as he showed off his cards to everyone, soaking in all the compliments he got from everyone.

She couldn't keep in the giggles that came with it, as she tucked him into her chest softly.

Her back was up against the couch, her head thrown back softly at the cushion, as she closed her eyes. Sighing out loud, she just rested her eyes, feeling even more tired than before.

Her stomach growling in hunger making her chuckle as she just ate a bowl a while ago. Scooting her child off her lap, he was distracted by the cards being handed out once more, and she got up to go to the kitchen.

Dusting herself off, she looked out the window for a second before seeing a figure, someone familiar that made her heart raced a thousand miles.

The small frown that was imprinted on her face when her soul left was erased at the descending figure that could be seen from that small window.