Chapter Twenty Nine

Matteo 

I never understood the warmth of how other mated couples described the feeling of their souls reunitement, it was something I dismissed as a teen and even adult.

I never thought I would find a mate, nor would would I have one, thinking I would be the unfortunate ones that were destined to be chained to their role. I prepared myself for it.

However, fate within the goddess hands wounded her twine of truth and blessed the unexpected.

Not really touching the food on my plate that was graced by my tia, I could one focus on the interaction that was upon me.

Everyone was chatting away like one group of family, never excluding anyone out, not even my mate and pup.

Bea, Tia, and Eden were chatting away with happy faces, planning things they could do together. Tio, Paul, and Ezra were also the same, but they listen closely on his rambling with tiny grins.

This empty home felt warm and not cold like it usually does, something I haven't felt and very long time. Just having everyone here warmed my heart and Magnar laid relaxed watching contently in the back of my mind.

"So what do you say, Matteo? Do you think it's a good idea?" Her soft voice pulled me in and out of my thoughts as I focused clearly on her.

Eden's beautiful forest green eyes that held brown tints in them, looked up at me in a gentle expectation.

Her plump lips were pulled in thought, even when I wanted to reach over the table and kiss her senseless.

My wolf purred at the thought and some more.

"Matteo?" She said said n question as her lightly tanned skin flushed a light pink and everyone at the table giggles at me as I also burn red in my own embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening. What was going on?" I mumble out lowly trying to will myself from the burning of my cheeks.

Ezra giggled from beside me, his mop of curls seemed to grow out again, as it covered his bright blues eyes that would be sparling in amusement.

Playfully, I dig my fingers into his side gently as he jerks away from me with more laughter coming from him. My eyes and heart soften at the bell like laughs that come from him, something so pure.

"Don't worry guys, Matteo here was just admiring the beauty of his mate. Ain't that right son?" Tio said teasingly as the others chuckle along with him, except for Eden and I as we burned red in our seats.

Looking over to her, she smiles happily with adoration her eye,something that will be imprinted in my mind forever.

"What I was trying to say to you was that you were down to have family picnic? Your family and my family, we can all get to know each other better." She looked so hopeful that I wouldn't, couldn't deny her this request.

"Of course, we can have it here if you'd like, that way you can all be more comfortability within the pack." I said gently as I smiled ghostly at her, this will be fun.

She nodded happily and ate more of her food but as I thought about it, who were her family? Was it the Glass family or her actual family that were human?

"I do have a question though, if you don't mind me asking mate?" My claim on her didn't go unnoticed by the rest as they watched me with gleaming eyes.

Mate is a term were call our soulmates as an acceptance to their being. The were to be claim by them, in a sense of possession nature within our traditions.