Chapter Eleven

All We Do – Wonder

Eden

His presence made my whole world shake in temptation that sent shivers down my spine with every warm gaze he sends my way.

We were walking around town, parking the car a bit farther than the destination we were heading to get a walk in. The cold weather seemed to convince people into either staying home or bundled up like the rest us.

Ezra was still holding Loki in his arms tightly to keep the cold from penetrating through the thick blanket that covered him.

He's always been over protective of things that are remotely his or anyone he cares about, something he definitely got from his father.

Matteo stood close beside us, watching everything pass by us in comfortable silence that was something I never thought could be pleasant, it used to be my worst enemy.

He seemed like a man of a few words, not like that was bad. It just meant that his words should be cherished for he had eyes of seeing and knowing so much that one should not. Maturity.

It seemed like autumn was passing through with heavy winds and caramelized leaves that fall through the once luscious branches of the full tree, a cycle through the seasons.

"Momma, do you think there's cool stuff for Loki in there?" Ezra shy little voice interrupts me from my continuous thoughts to distract me from the beautiful specimen that consumes my every thought at times.

Looking down at my baby boy, his cheeks have turned rosy from the cold nipping weather of the harsh winds, I'm sure I looked the same with a red Rudolph nose to match.

"I'm pretty sure there's lots of stuff for Loki, especially cool things. Do you already know what you want to get, like an idea?" I asked softly as my hand peeks out of my jacket pocket to pat the top in covered beanie head.

"I like grey or green for Loki! Do you think the colors are nice Matty?!" Ezra asks excitedly as we near the pet shop closer by a few more strides in pace.

Looking over to Matteo, he had a small smile that looked oddly rare on his gorgeous face, looking down at my son with admiration in his mixed eyes. "I think those colors are awesome. I'll help you out finding those colors buddy." He said so softly, my heart quivered in joy and satisfaction.

He looked at me with questioning eyes, asking me if it was okay to help Ezra out with our shopping. Tongue tied with the ordeal, I only nodded back in happiness.

When he first called me in the morning it was a nice surprise to wake up to, hearing the smoothness of his rough voice woke me up completely with no arguments.

It was very thoughtful of him to call me and let me know that my new found friend had given birth to her baby, something so special in a new mothers life.

I thought it would be nice for him to hang out with us and just get to know each other better, even though I wanted to kiss him senseless with every bone in my body.

When we entered the shop, it didn't look to packed than usual, probably because of the cold weather that seemed to take up the town. Grabbing a cart from the side of the entrance, they boys followed behind me, as we started at the first row; pet beds.

"Izzy, let me put Loki in the cart's basket so you can look around." I said softly as Ezra slowly and gently put the small pup into my arms before grabbing Matteo's hand and dragging him off to the isle.

Chuckling at the sight of this big man being dragged off by a small child, I gentle settle the pup into the cart's basket with the blankets creating a makeshift bed for him. However, one of the workers came over to me asking if I needed any help.