Chapter Thirty Eight

Matteo

The mountains from across the hills that laid by the streaming creeks looked even more beautiful and magnificent from where he stood by himself in his own thoughts.

Today was the day of the picnic, with all families combined together and he felt a tinge of excitement to have them all together.

His wounds had healed up nicely, only leaving a shean of scarring that he knew he'd live with for the rest of his life, by the mere thought of it didn't bother him in the slightest.

He raised to except the scars that he received, as a token of his strength and for being a warrior.

Though, he was a bit worried as when they told of his scarring, his mate looked pained and sad for his markings.

He didn't want her to feel that he was no longer unworthy of her love for his body.

Yet, she was quick to dismiss that stupid passing as she held onto him and told him that she loved him.

Candor radiating from her forest green eyes that resembled the woods that he was in now.

The morning was still coming as the clouds seemed to dissipate from the skies slowly, revealing the shining sun that would cross his face in warmth.

A small smile settled over him, yet that soon faded away as he felt something, his instincts tremble. His wolf laid confused as to why they felt this, yet they knew for some reason that it would connected with the incident with the warlock.

However, he chose to ignore it, not letting it ruin a day like this. His clothes hung on him lightly, as he sat still, listening to everything that went around him.

In an instant though, his comfortable silence was disturbed when he heard a howl in the distance that shook the trees.

The howl of his Alpha that brought a smile to his face, his Alpha was finally going to put up the permanent borders up.

He stood where he sat, taking careful steps down the steep hill that he took, wanting to get back to the pack quickly. He knew that once Alpha was down scent marking, he would send us, warriors out to train.

He stumbled out in some step yet held his ground and footing, as he would as he was trained for a better balance.

His wolf snorting in laughter in his mind as he almost tripped over a large rock that closer to the end of the hill.

Matteo huffed in exasperation before combing his hair back with his fingers, he started his trek back to the pack in a light jog as he passed through trees.

He could feel the strong borders that warned off others around him, yet it did scare him as he was finally inside the borders, feeling at peace.

He loved the cold wind that flew by his face, seeming as it was spring already, the smell of the woods fresh in his lungs. Magnar was excited at the season, it was their favorite by a long shot.

He jogs slowly to the pack grounds, patrol already recognizing him as he sensed them lurking behind the thick trees.

He was almost to the treeline when he bumps into a smaller figure, that yelp before grabbing onto his shoulder to prevent themselves from falling.

He quickly wrapped his arms around the person as he looked at them in surprise and then an immediate shame. Matteo quickly balanced the woman back onto her feet before submitting to her in apology.

"Luna! Forgive me, I wasn't watching where I was going." He said lightly to her as he watched her smile softly at him before waving him off.

Her bright smile increased as if she remembered something, "It's alright, Matteo. I've heard that you've planned a picnic with your family, I bet that is exciting for you."