Chapter Thirty Five

Eden

The sunlight hit her right in eyes, the minute she opened them, groaning out her displeasure and turning over to the other side with a pillow tucked in beside her.

The aching of her body made her groan once more, holding out one hand to caress the pain, only to wince like an idiot for thinking of touching it.

"God!" She moaned out loud before sitting up from the bed, cradling her head at the pounding of it.

She looked around her with a sigh as the headache passed her slowly, before taking the covers off of her, and getting out of the bed.

The aching of her heart was still there along with hissing that came from her lips when her bare feet touched the cold floor.

Eden wanted her mate, but he was making it difficult for her. Always keeping things hidden, the way he spoke to her, but the way he always held her was what pulled her in completely.

He held her like the most precious thing in the world, her heart always pounding away when he near, and the way she felt the safest around him.

Why couldn't he talk to her? Why didn't he spend the night with her, beside her?

Shaking away the depressing and mind consuming thoughts from herself for the time being, she went to the bathroom to relieve herself from the pressure of her bladder.

When finishing, she couldn't help, but look into the mirror to see her reflection that only made her giggle.

Her hair was everywhere in a heap of her loose bun, the bruising on her face was prominent, reminded her of the girl who disobeyed the orders of Willy Wonka and turned a purple blue.

However, they were not too bright and bold in color, just lightly showing like a pastel of colors.

Looking away from the mirror, she could only shrug at her appearance, knowing that self hate wouldn't do her any good, as she walked right out the bathroom.

Eden no longer had the desire to sleep, the tiredness washing away hearing the barking outside her door.

She walked barefoot to the door and opened it to see a tumbling pup by her side, that just got himself up again and began barking once more at her feet.

Little Loki was getting bigger by the months that they've had him, looking healthy and full, like new. He was always at Ezra's side when he was around, those two were the best of pals.

"I'm pretty sure you're here for one thing only, Loks." She mumbled in humor before picking him up into her arms and cradling him into her chest, like a baby.

He, of course, lapped all the attention up, as my fingers rubbed and scratched at his belly, his tongue hanging in enjoyment.

She scoffed in amusement before walking down the stairs carefully, noticing that her son's door was still opened slightly, only enough forth pup to have gone through.

Lightly putting the dog down on his feet, he scurried away to the kitchen with me following him, and he led himself straight to the pantry.

Rolling her eyes at the obviousness of the pups intentions, she was quick to pull out the bag of dry food that was shaped in small bit for his size, scoping some up and pouring right into his bowl by the door.

The pup immediately dugs it's face into the bowl in hunger, his little growls of his feastation made her giggle, before pouring some water from a bottle in his other water, so he doesn't get thirsty.

Eden made sure to wash her hands right after, never liking the smell of dog on them, but while she did that she thought of what she could make for breakfast for her son.