Chapter Twenty Eight

Eden

The pretty women that was Matteo's tia, looked at me with such awe and happiness, it made the heat of the back of my neck grow up to my cheeks.

"Oh my! Tas mas bonita de que no dijo Matteo! Look at me being weird, please come in!" (You are so much prettier than what Matteo told us.)

She opened the door wider for us to come with a gigantic smile that could make any man sigh in awe.

We walked in the house that was ordinary with plain beige and white walls with no pictures or decorations hanging.

Ezra was still clinging to legs but he looked around the house entry curiously.

"My names Maria, would you like something to drink or do you want to see him?" She looked back at us with a soft smile, that could basically melt the nervousness melt away from my body.

As much as I would love to have something to drink chat with Maria, I really needed to see him, it was something in my body that ached and longed for him, I needed to relieve it.

"I would like to see him please."

"We see Matty now?" Ezra sounded lightly from behind me, making me smile softly, reaching a hand out for him to take.

He took my hand, but his face was downcasted and hiding away with his curls, but I could tell he was blushing.

"Don't be rude baby, say hi." I said as he only blushed harder before mumbling hi to her.

Maria looked down on him with a similar smile to my own as she crouched down a bit for him to see her, "Hey, little man. We'll go to his room real quick and you'll see him, how does that sound?"

He looked up to her with a smile, showcasing his face that made her gasp in shock, but not enough to make him scared.

She looked to me with an embarrassed smile that made me giggle a bit, "I'm sorry, it's just he's so cute. I bet he's gonna be a lady killer." We both laughed at that, cause from what I remembered about Daniel, he always did make the ladies swoon.

"I'm sure he is, but I'm gonna make sure he's a respectable one like his father was." Smiling sadly at the memories that came to me, I only sighed and looking to Maria.

She too bore a sad smile as she looked to me, she grabbed a hold of one of my hands with reassurance, "Sometimes the sadness seems to leave us for moments before they come back like a phantom wanting to be remembered. It's okay to remember it, remembering it and feeling it will help you move on. Remember them and pass on their stories for others to remember them for a lifetime."

It was like she knew how it felt to lose someone so close, someone you loved so much for so long. It felt relieving to know that someone else felt it and lived it other than myself.

"I always do, for him." My hand tightened on Ezra's warm hand with love in eyes as I looked down on his as he looked up at me with his father's eyes.

"Come on, I'll show over to Matteo. Now don't worry about his state, he'll heal in no time. I had to patch this kid up so many times as a kid, I really don't worry too much when it comes to his healing." She laughed a bit, her brown eyes glazing over s if remembering the good 'ole times.

She led us through as hallway that had some pictures up, some of two little children, a man and younger version of Maria smiling, and each picture began to get colder than the first ones we saw.

There were pictures of wolves snarling at each other with rage in their eyes, two unfamiliar couple that stood as in portrait with no emotion in their eyes.