Chapter Ten

Important message at the end, please read!

Matteo

The pack grounds were silent and peaceful, members were still raving about the future Alpha. We wanted to see him but we all understood that they had to bond with their baby.

Training was canceled today and everyone couldn't be more relieved because of how cold it is today.

The winds could be raging and cursing to who ever dared crossed it with stupidity. It could be a storm coming through or something.

Having nothing to do, I decided that maybe it was the right time to call my mate, letting her know about the baby and probably progress from there.

Sitting the kitchen, the house had a landline attached to the wall, with her number in my hand. Dialing the number and holding the phone to my ear, I wait as it dials in tone, anxiously.

My wolf stirring within the back of my mind, wanting to hear her beautiful voice again. It seemed at the last dial, I was going to hang up dejectedly, but a sweet voice answered.

"Hello?" Eden's soft voice rang through the other side, it made my insides tingle with happiness.

"Hey Eden, it's Matteo. Lun–Alexa gave me your number." I said nervously, my foot bouncing against the hard wood floor.

It was silent on the other line for a few seconds, I wanted to smack myself for sounding like a creep. Now, she probably thinks I'm a creep!

Before I could say anything, her voice rang out again in surprise, "Matteo?! Hey, what's up? Is there something you needed?" It seemed clear to me that she sounded nervous as well.

"Oh, I just wanted to call and let you know that Alexa just had her baby boy. I thought you'd want to know." My wolf was practically wagging is tail like a puppy having to hear our mate speak to us.

"Oh my! How are they?! How are you?" Her voice was rushed out in happiness and worry. However her question about me had my heart warm, along with my cheeks.

"They are perfectly fine. She and her husband are actually bonding with the baby, we haven't seen them. Funny thing, she went into labor when we're heading back to our homes." A chuckle escaped out of me as I told her easily, her little giggles came through as well.

Almost making my heart stop with those angelic bells ringing through the other line.

"That's amazing to hear, but you didn't answer my last question. How are you?" You could heat the shyness of her voice, it had me shaking in happiness, I couldn't keep the grin off my face.

She was asking about us! My wolf dancing happily in the back of my mind, something he seems to be doing more often now, since we've found our mate.

"Oh, I've been doing good. There's not much to do where I'm at right now. Just staying in. How about you and Ezra, you guys doing okay?" Worry filled my voice, I wanted to make sure they were okay, my life practically depends on it.

"I'm glad to hear you're okay, we didn't talk much, but I consider you as a friend now. Ezra and I are doing just fine, actually I just got up from from bed right now. I had a late night at work." Her laugh rang out as she spoke to me through the phone.

I could imagine her with messy hair in bed with the phone pressed to her ear, how I wanted to be apart of that.

However, I realized that I may have woken her up from a good sleep. She did say that she had a late night at work, that means she sometimes works nights.

That didn't sit too well with my wolf and I, but we knew that we couldn't cross that boundary with her. We just wanted her safe.

"Oh! I hope I didn't bother you from your sleep with this call. If you want I'll let you continue sleeping." Though I offered that option to her, I secretly hoped that she would want to still continue talking to me, i loved hearing her voice.