43 - Cherish

A/N: Credit for the gif goes to the rightful owners of the gif

"What should we ... ?" I whispered until Daniel put his finger in front of my lips to shush me.

"Who's there?" I heard his mom's voice was getting closer.

My eyes grew wide as I froze. I can't believe she heard that.

Then he quickly wrapped me with a towel after he cleaned us up. I was too shocked and too scared to do it myself.

"Wait here, okay? I'm gonna talk to her," he whispered softly while folding the tip of a towel on his hips.

Then I grabbed his hand as I looked at him worriedly.

"What? You don't want me to cover myself? Should I open it?" he joked as he's about to remove the only fabric that's covering him.

"Hmmmh! That's not what I meeean! Hmph!" I said annoyed as I frowned before folding my arms then looked away.

"Ayeee~. I'm just kidding. Come on. Let me see your blushing face. Hmm?" he asked cutely as he tilted my head to look at him.

"Stop it," I said as I slapped his hand lightly and pouted.

"Ouuuh. My princess is so cute. Hmmmh," he said as he pinched my cheeks lovingly.

Then I finally smiled when he's nudging his nose on mine.

"I'm just worried about you," I said as I rested my forehead on his.

"(y/n), is that you?" I gasped when his mom knocked on the bathroom door.

"Don't worry. I got this," he assured before he kissed my forehead.

He sounded so brave, but I could feel him trembling too.

"What are you doing?" he asked confusedly when I suddenly grabbed the door handle before he could open it.

"We're in this together," I said as I gathered my courage to open the door.

Creak

"Oh. There you are. Where's my so ...? WHAT THE HELL?" she screamed when she saw Daniel came out of the bathroom after me.

"I am so dead," I said inside as I gulped so hard and clenched my hands, imagining myself to be kicked out of the house very soon.

"What happened to your arm? Why is it bandaged?" she asked panic as she grabbed his hand carefully.

Hing?

Daniel and I were looking at each other confusedly. Her reaction was far from what we expected.

"Hello. Can someone please explain why my son's arm is wrapped in bandages like this? Is this because of the cracked dishes in the trash can?" she asked.

Bandage ... cracked dishes ...

"God. Kids! Wake up!" she complained while snapping her fingers in front of our faces.

Aha!

"I'm sorry, Mom. Last night I got slipped when I brought some dishes to the kitchen. Daniel got hurt when he's trying to catch me," I lied.

"Oh My God. Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" she asked panicked as she's checking on me.

"I'm okay, Mom," I said as I forced a smile.

I felt bad for lying to her.

"Phew. That's a relief," she said as she exhaled deeply while stroking her chest.

Then we panicked when she suddenly cried.

"I'm okay ... It's just that ... I just ... I just feel so bad for sending you to go here all by yourself. I was so worried, thinking how hard you guys might've fought last night," she said as she wiped some tears.

"Well we ... "fought" ... hard ... so hard in fact ... last night ... and even just now ... but not that kind of fight," I staggered in my mind.

I felt my cheeks were getting warmer and I saw him blushing too. I bet we had the same thing in mind.

"So I'm really happy to see you guys already made up and know that you're taking care of each other. Thank you for helping my son taking a bath when he hurt his hand. And thank you for saving her last night. I'm sorry for what I did yesterday," she said as she smiled while looking at us lovingly.

Daniel and I just laughed awkwardly as we stole glances at each other.

"Alright. Go get change. You're gonna be late for school. Here's your clothes," she said as she gave me my uniforms before ushering us into Daniel's room then slammed the door.

Aaaaaaand just like that, the things that we had to explain got resolved by his mom's help without us having to break a single sweat.

Then we just stood still while blinking for a good couple of minutes, trying to digest what just happened.

"God. I love your mom. She's so cool," I said suddenly.

"I know right? I know that my mom is cool, but I didn't know that she's THIS cool," he said.

Then we froze again.

"Then what did we be so dramatic in the bathroom earlier for?" I asked after some time as I looked at him.

Then we snorted before laughing our ass off. Everything was just too bizarre.

"Oh. I can't believe she thanked me for taking a shower with you. And now she's like indirectly asking us to get change in the same room. God I love her," I said as I was catching my breath from laughing too hard.

I still find it hard to believe how much she trusts me with her son.

"She must've cherished you a lot. I never seen her like this," he said as he smiled.

"Well. The feeling is mutual. And you know what? I think my mom also cherishes you a lot. I mean she literally told me to spend the night at your house, when she knew exactly that it's just gonna be the two of us here. Geez. These moms, really," I said as I shook my head.

"Then shall we really just make some babies for them?" he whispered to my ear suddenly.