Chapter 9

I was in a deep sleep. One of my arms was around Katniss, the other sprawled across the bed.

I woke up early. I still had a couple of hours to sleep. I stretched before lying back down.

I felt the covers move slightly, so I opened my eyes to see of Katniss was awake. She wasn't.

She moves again. Shit. She was probably having a nightmare. I don't know what to do, since she hasn't actually woken up yet. I stare at her, helplessly trying to figure out what to do.

She mumbles something in her sleep, which I couldn't make out.

She seems to calm down slightly.

I stroke her arm gently.

"Prim! Prim!!" She screams, bolting upright and kicking her feet so that her back ends up pressed against the headboard. She whips her head around, frantically trying to figure out where she was.

"It's okay" I whisper as the first tears begin to fall. "We're in the Capitol. But it's okay, I'm here too"

She wraps her arms tightly around me, sobbing into my chest.

I stroke her arm again, realising how cold it is. I wrap my arms tightly around her, pressing my lips to her hair.

"Shhh, Katniss, it's okay." I whisper. "It's just a dream"

"But it's still real" she replies. "She's still dead"

She starts crying harder.

"I really miss her" she cries.

"I know." I say, holding her in my arms and rocking her back and forth.

I keep doing this until she cries herself out.

"Better?" I ask

"A bit" she answers. "We better get ready" Katniss says crawling out of bed.

"Okay" I whisper.

We get washed and dressed before heading down the street. Caesar Flickerman's studio was about a mile across the city, but it was a nice day, so we decided to walk.

"Are you nervous?" I ask

"Yeah, interviews are always awkward" she replies.

"It'll be okay, I'll try and distract him while you run" I joke. "I'm only doing this because I love you"

Katniss laughs. "Sounds like a plan"

Her grip tightens on my hand.

"I love you too" she whispers.

Authors note: I got my school report in. . . . . . . . . . But thankfully it isn't as bad as I thought it was.

On another note, I still can't form a coherent thought about the mockingjay trailer. It's only the teaser. And Peeta didn't say a word, yet Josh's acting was still on point.

Leave your thoughts down below.