Chapter 28

Katniss looks up at me, her arms wrapped around me, her fingers trailing down my bare chest.

"I made a deal with Johanna yesterday" she whispers

"What's the deal?" I ask.

"She'll babysit the kids for 3 hours tonight if I go hunting with her today"

"3 hours to ourselves" I sigh, gently kissing her

"Let's just say, I have something very special planned for tonight, like I promised."

"Oh!" I gasp shocked. I kiss her again, more passionately this time "I can't wait!"

"Me either" she replies bringing her hand up and stroking it through my hair.

Johanna arrives straight after breakfast. Katniss grabs her bow and her sheaf of arrows, kisses me, and leaves the house.

Katniss's POV

Hunting has been legalised now, so no one cares when they see Johanna and I ducking under the fence with our weapons.

Between us, we'd gotten 5 squirrels and a wild turkey by lunch time. We'd had a good day.

"What's your plans for tonight?" Johanna asks

"Well, uh, just a quiet night in, with a movie and stuff" I tell her

"Really?" She asks, raising her eyebrow

"Yeah" I say. "what else could we be doing?"

Johanna laughs. "Well Katniss, when two people love each other very much, they like to show each other the lov-"

"Please don't give me a sex talk" I interrupt.

Johanna laughs again

"I knew it!" She says triumphantly, "I was actually going to say, they like to show each other the love by watching movies together, but I guess you're too dirty minded for that..."

"Hey! I know that was a sex talk, so don't lie to me, and you're also a terrible liar by the way"

"Fine, okay, it was a sex talk. But imagine if it wasn't, you'd be fucked"

"Wel-" I start

"But you'll be fucked anyway" Johanna jokes, laughing hysterically.

She bends over, clutching her stomach as she laughs uncontrollably.

"I've - got - a - stitch - in - my - side" Johanna gasps in between bursts of laughter.

"Good" I retort

The laughing stops and Johanna straightens up, looking me in the eyes, before laughing again. She regains her composure, "holy shit that was funny!"

We hunt for the rest of day, not bringing up the 'joke'

Suddenly, we hear voices. Both of them guys.

"That's cruel, she's your daughter for gods sake" one voice said

"Look, I didn't want you to come, I only let you come because she's experienced with weapons, and so are you." The other replied

"Oh, I get it, you want me to shoot your daughter."

"If she gets difficult, then yes"

"That's sick, and I won't do it" the first voice tells the others

Johanna looks at me. "They're talking about me"

I raise my eyebrow "how do you know?"

She tightens her grip on her axe, pulling the other out of her belt. "I recognise the voices"