04. Back In Black

I wake at the sound of Jack shuffling around the bedroom. Cracking one eye open, I see the time is 6.30am.

"Jack?"

"Hey sweetheart. Sorry, I couldn't find my shoe." He whispers putting it on as he sits beside me.

I grumble and reach out for him, pouting at his dressed state. "You've got to go to work? Now?"

"Emergency meeting of my own this time. One of the damn contractors are threatening to pull out unless they get a better deal. They are already robbing us blind! It's all money... Greedy Douchebags." He complains.

"When will you be back?" I ask softly.

He stops to look at me with a worried look "I don't know.. They busted our balls the last time, we had to give them lunch and dinner. Seems this time they want breakfast too."

I nod against the pillow "So this is the last time I'm going to see you until I come home?"

He gives me a guilty expression.

"Okay. Well can I get a kiss, hug and a wish of good luck?"

He grins and delivers just as I ask. "You'll do great. I know you will."

My heart warms at the idea of his approval of this and I kiss his knuckles. "Thank you. Good luck in your meeting, hopefully they won't rob you guys blind."

He nods "I wouldn't count on it. They're smart people."

"Then you have to be smarter, which won't be too hard for someone like you."

He smiles.

"Go kick ass and I'll speak to you tonight."

He leans down and pressed numerous amount of kisses onto my lips before giving me an Eskimo kiss. "See you soon."

"You will."

"Those prospectus from the colleges will arrive this week. I figured we could go through them together?"

I nod with a soft moan wanting sleep to take me back under at the mere though of those booklets.

"I love you." He whispers brushing my hair back.

"You too."

And then he was gone. Like Batman receiving his bat signal. Hearing the front door close, I throw myself onto my back and stare up at the ceiling. I wasn't due to leave until midday, but at the risk of oversleeping and running late, I got up.

The shower was heavenly and after sorting an outfit from the wardrobe, I made myself breakfast.

I never was a breakfast kind of girl. Which probably contributed to my picking throughout the day, much to Jack's disapproval. I couldn't blame him though, I did complain frequently that I felt I was gaining weight.

That or my jeans were shrinking in the wash. I'm in complete denial.. I know. Just let me have this.

With black converse, a pair of skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with white wings printed down the back, I fixed my black hair into a high ponytail. Well aren't we looking colourful today!

I go through my bag again and text Aaron who had kindly gave me his number as to what else I would need. Thankfully he had informed me on the black clothing yesterday, which almost constituted on a whole section of my wardrobe. I didn't let the information bitter the taste in my mouth and I could guarantee Zak would be waiting to shoot me down about the clothes if I had gone in colour.