15. The view

I never in my wildest of dreams imagined I'd be desperate to leave Vegas as much as  what I was this time. Partly due to the fact I was now on my way to lone investigating, after I proved to be more useful than an equipment tech. Zak buckled and allowed me to join in the investigations, as long as I didn't go alone.

But the other part of why I was glad to leave Vegas was due to Jack and his mom tag teaming me...

No I'm not talking about wrestling, although it would have been more enjoyable if it was... No, I'm talking about them both cornering me about my job, my hobbies, my life choices and children.... again.

His mom, the pretentious bitch wanted grand-babies, and that's alright. She's allowed to want them. But I'm also not a walking womb for her son to use as and when he pleases and still fail to give me what I need out of the sexual contact we had.. preplanned sexual contact.

I'd been so desperate to get away, I was now here early.

Looking in the interior mirror, I wipe my face and take a breath in order to steady my nerves. Pushing back the tears at the words they both hammered me with regarding work and becoming a mom.

I didn't want to be a mom! I wouldn't know how to be a mom!

Feeling the anger bubble in my stomach. I growl and turn off the car engine, before sitting in it until the heat got too much.

That's when I cave and with my bag, I get out and lock it up.

Knocking on the large door, I stand back and wait patiently. A part of me doubts he'd be awake yet, but seeing the shadow of someone move, I felt part relief and square my shoulders back.

However I knew today wasn't on my side when Zak opened the door.... Half dressed.

Rubbing sleep from his eye with the heel of his palm, he scrunches his face "Delilah?"

"I have nowhere else to go..." I admit... Because it's true, Poppy has become obsessed with this Trent and little old me has been demoted. Maybe it was part of growing up? I don't know.

He nods his head and opens the door, leaving me to look at a bare chest, black jeans with a Calvin Klein boxer waist band exposed due to those jeans still being undone as they hung dangerously low.

"I'm really sorry." I mumble feeling the head crawling up my neck.

"It's fine. Excuse the state of my undress, I was still in bed."

I pause. "I should just go and wait—"

"Wait where? You said you don't have anywhere to go. So, feel free to look around, whilst I shower and dress. Okay?"

I nod and do as I'm told.

His house screams elegance, expensive and sheer craftsmanship as I look at the wood ceiling. The fans, the marble floors, the size of his lounge was half, if not more than the size of my apartment. It's light and airy feel set my body on a slide of relaxation.

"Do you want a drink first?" He asks.

I turn to look at him, still slightly taken back at his appearance again. "N-No thank you."

He smiles tiredly and turns heading back to his room, leaving me to watch his ass, hips and back move. The way the muscles shift under his skin and the back dimples moved when he walked, had a shiver roll down my spine.

"I'll give you a shout when I want my back washed!" He calls and for a split second in my mind, I felt excitement, totally forgetting about Jack and the pro baby life.