33- He knows

"Morning." A voice chirped behind me, causing me to turn and find Zak pulling on a black t-shirt.

"Hey." I smile back pushing a pancake onto a plate. After crashing here last night, I figured the least I could do was make breakfast for us both. I still had no idea how I got to bed or when Billy left.

All I know is that I had my shoes and belt removed and my phone was sat on the side.

"Sleep okay?" He asks coming to my side to see what I was doing.

"Amazing thanks. Here." I pass him a plate, which he receives gratefully and takes a seat over at the kitchen island looking over the plate of bacon, the scrambled eggs and juice.

"A man could get used to this kind of service." He grins.

"Most important meal of the day." I reply joining his side.  "What time is Billy over?"

"He won't be over until later, we pulled a late one to get the footage done. It's mostly recordings and voice overs I need to do now."

I nod and begin to eat when I feel his eyes looking at me. "Thanks for putting me to bed."

Glancing in his direction, he smiles slightly looking at his plate as he's cutting up the pancake. "Everything okay, at home?"

"Yeah, why wou–" I pause realising it was a pointless question to ask him when he was the one to go through my melt down over the pregnancy scare. The thought made me shudder, even now and after that moment, I vowed never to let a man take control of pregnancy precautions, I should be doing it too. "We talked things through."

Zak looked at me a little surprised before shrugging it off and eating his food quietly. I gathered that he didn't want to hear that answer and truthfully, it was a complete and utter lie. But I didn't want him to think it was convenient that I had feelings for him, after the whole incident with Jack.

Who'd be struggling to find some clothes to wear this morning....

I smirked slightly, there is a God. And it's a woman!

"So what time is he due home? I'm not being nosey or rude but I have to go to the museum today."

So in other words, sling your hook Delilah...

"Oh um, probably mid day." I guess, deciding that I'll finish up and head to the bank, I needed to get a new card and I needed money, as long as I had proof of who I was, then it shouldn't be too hard to get it from my account.

After we finished breakfast, Zak headed off to get ready, leaving me to load the dishwasher and collect my things.

"Right. I'm going to head off, thanks for letting me stay." I smile as he meets me at the door.

"You're welcome over anytime." He opens the door and steps out with me.

I hurry over to my car and feel my stomach drop when he comes across with me.

"What's all that?" He asks seeing the mound of my stuff in the back.

"Clearing things out. I was going to drop it off to Goodwill last night but they were closed. So I'll do it this morning."

"Really, but all your books?" He frowns. "You busted my balls when I tore that book."

Shit.

"Y-yeah but it was because I was really into the book. I've read those loads of times." I lied, pulling a smile to seal it over. I had no doubt he could see through me, but it was worth a try.