07. Aiming the fire

Desperate times cause for desperate measures

Desperate times cause for desperate measures. I had one of two options, try and sort it or delete the story. Deleting it meant I would have let you all down and I do have ideas, it's just the wrong part placement. Blah blah. So if anyone read the chapter called Learning curve, please forget about it.

Like Adam had been forgotten in hell. - See what I did there 😉

Now time to fix this story and make it read-worthy for you all.

+++++++++

"Mrs Winters, were concerned about her..."

"All children develop differently."

"Is she a mute?"

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

"Maybe she's an alien?"

"There is no medical reason why your daughter cannot speak."

"There's something wrong with her."

"She needs to be in special school."

"Freak! Freak! Freak! Freak!"

I jump out of my sleep shaking the voices in my skull away, my eyes flick down to the chairs where Billy and Bacon were both once sat. Worried that they had witnessed my troubled sleep. But they were now empty...

"It was a nightmare." Zak spoke making me lift my head off my hand. "You didn't say anything. Just a lot of mumbles and head shaking."

I lower my eyes and sit up as he approaches holding out a bottle of water. I look up to him skeptically causing him to roll his eyes and crack the bottle open before taking a large gulp.

"Happy?" He asks.

"Where's Bacon? Where's Bi-"

"Dicks."

I pull back. "I beg your pard-"

"The store. It's behind you."

I crank my head back to indeed see the store sat behind me. "Huh."

"I stayed because well.. Because I wanted to speak with you. In case you woke up."

"About?"

My eyes narrow instantly when he picks up the book off the side. Not where I left it.