39- Blink of an eye

My earlier snooze on Zak's chest had been exchanged for a face down moment in the couch, in his office, alone.

The sinking feeling that settled on my shoulders felt like I had stepped into quicksand and couldn't get out.

I'm falling in love with you.

Idiot!

Sitting up, I pushed my head up at an angle to click my neck, in a hope to release the stiffness that had set into my bones.

You've screwed it now.

My eyes narrowed at the screen, full of small squares, showing the cctv cameras and their angles. The tours that were moving through looked far and few, and it was only when I picked up my phone, I realised it was almost 9pm.. Meaning I had slept at least 4-5 hours.

Some nap that was.

Pulling myself off the couch, I stepped forward to find my shoes were still on, along with my belt and I still had keys in my pocket, which meant he was eager to leave, considering he's shed those items off me before so I slept better. But I presume the idea of me falling for him has had him tuck tailing and running. Narrowing my eyes at the brightness of the screen, I found Zak stood in the lobby.

Not sure on how the cameras worked, I pressed a few buttons and eventually hit a number until the screen came up, the whole screen showed him stood at the front door, talking to a woman.

Krystal.

Feeling my throat run dry, I stand still and watch as their faces meet. I hit out at the keyboard causing the footage to pause on their pair.

This is now.. Right now.

He's is kissing her.

Right now.

Running a hand over my face, I decide to leave. Fast.

His mom's words echoed in my mind about him being smitten, but if that were true in any means and sense, he wouldn't be kissing another woman. He wouldn't be holding another woman close to his body..

His eyes have more sparkle in them.. He smiles more.

That's because he's played you so easily. Fool!

I could kick myself for believing that even for a second, someone like me could be happy! My life had been nothing but a fight, why should it get any easier now!

Barrelling through the corridors, I tried to fix my hair and rub the lines off my face from it being mushed into the couch. I just needed to get out and breathe some cold air. To get fresh air to my system so I could think clearly...

I grab the door handle ready to leave when I hear Zak.

"Delilah? What's wrong?"

"Don't act like you care." I respond before pulling the door open and leaving.

I'm rushing towards the car, keys in my hand with all intentions on leaving his ass here when I freeze.

"Delilah."

"Mother."

+++