Wolf in sheeps clothing

Shifting in my seat nervously, I looked at Zak.

"What's taking them so long?"

He shook his head gently, neither of us knew what was taking so long. Just that we were sat waiting for Detective Wicks, in a room that was stuff as hell!

I looked at Zak's pressed black shirt, one similar to the ones he wore for his interviews. A shirt that fit mouth-wateringly perfect against his arms. He had done his hair this morning and from his together appearance, I could only guess that we were heading to the museum after this meeting.

Sleep had evaded me again last night, packing up its bag and hot tailing it out the door. And if truth were known, I spent the majority of the night watching Zak sleep like some weirdo. I wasn't borderline stalker or obsessed, I just found comfort in seeing his chest rise and fall. Comfort in seeing him totally relaxed.

I even noticed how he would always touch me, a few times, I purposely moved myself away, but he shifted across the bed to get closer and if the bedding got in the way, he'd stir and shove it aside before snuggling up closer. I presumed it was a comfort thing for him, because even now, sitting in a police station, awaiting Detective Wicks who's investigating Randy's case, Zak was still touching me. From a soothing arm around the shoulder, to our knees touching, and to holding my hand.

"Just relax." He whispered rubbing the back of my neck. "I'm here with you."

I nod and take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. Turning in my seat slightly, I rested my head against his "I just want to be at home. With you and Gracie."

"I know and we will be... Soon. But we have to find out what's going on."

With that, the door was swung open and the man who we had been waiting for walks in with a reasonably sized file stuffed under his arm.

"Good heavens! It's hot in here!" He frowns dropping the file onto the table in order to slide open the windows. At first, I don't see any difference, especially with the bars set across the windows but then the breeze comes in and I'm instantly thankful.

No doubt noticing my reddened face, he steps out the half opened doors. "Moores! Get some water into this room, I woke in a station not a sweatshop!"

I traded Zak a look and moved closer to the window, with his hand still attached to my leg.

Detective Wicks was a heavy built man, but I couldn't determine under the whole suit façade if he was carrying some extra pounds or if in fact he was extremely well built in muscle mass. His dark hair was combed to the side and his eyes were dark brown. I could totally see him being the type to play golf on the weekends.

"Mr Bagans, Ms Winters. I apologise for the lack of brain cells some of these officers seem to withhold today, placing you in here. My goodness." He spoke shedding his jacket to reveal an empty gun holster.

The door opens to a uniformed officer, concentration was plastered on his face as he came in with water for the three of us, before muttering his apologies and leaving the room.

I picked up the water and began drinking it back as quickly as I could, feeling the cold water slide down my throat was something short of heaven.

"How are you?" Detective Wicks asked eyeing me carefully.

"Okay." I murmured.

He nodded and looked to Zak who then added that sleep for me was inadequate and that he was relieved now there was some control and they had Randy in their cells.

Zak's hand moved off my knee to rub my back in a circular motion before passing his cup of water over to me.

I gave him a grateful smile before focusing back on Detective Wicks.