30- Entrapment

"Jack! What the hell!" I shout clawing at the pile to see every part ruined. Getting to my feet, I rush to the bedroom to find my wardrobe empty.

Anger fuels my body and I storm back to the kitchen. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

He pauses. "Babe, I replaced them. All of them."

"They didn't need replacing!"

"You wanted to get new clothes, I'm making room. Besides all that old tat was fit for the bin. I got you new clothes. Here.."

He took my wrist and pulled me into the lounge where the seats were covered with bags and protective dress sleeves.

"I don't..." I trail off as I try to work out what the hell his game was, why he did it?

Was this some kind of bluff, did he do this to lure me into a sense of safety before he yanked the carpet beneath my feet? I now had no clothes, none that were mine anyway.

"You needed updating and if I'm going to get my promotion at work, we have to attend some high class events, I can't have you going like some lower class tart. No offence."

I scoffed. How could I not take offence to that?!

"So I got these.." He gestured.

It began. The clothes, the pinstripe pants, the floral gowns that came to the knee, the colours, the kitten heels and cardigans...

All not me!

"My old clothes were fine." I answer.

"My mom said you need to dress more womanly to feel more feminine. I came home early and we went shopping. This is what we have. She said to be a perfect mom and house wife, you need to look the part."

I knew he wouldn't have done this without a little kick and old mummy dearest had to be behind it all!

"And I'm neither a wife nor a mother." I ground out.

"Not yet. But soon," He smiles.

"Is my underwear in that pile, in the kitchen?" I ask.

He frowns "No, I like you're underwear."

"Just not my clothes!" I snap.

He sighs seeing my anger, probably from my clenching fists. "Sweetheart. These clothes, they aren't us anymore. Look at my suits, I scream dominance, but your clothes scream lower class and I know it's a harsh thing to say, but it's true. We need to be in a good level. The same level."

This was Control.

All of it.

"Whatever, I'm going for a shower."

He nods "I'll clean up and make us dinner. I'm so glad you understand."

I trudge to the bathroom and close the door before sinking down against it. I realised that it didn't matter what happened or where I came from. The past followed.

Control, control, control.

Randy and his ways.

Zak pushing me to tell him things.

Jack and his weird mother.

+++++++++

A week later..

I sat up and moved to the end of the bed causing Jack to wake up. He grumbled and got up also, to rub my back.

It was at times like this that I couldn't hate him.. Not when he showed some empathy.