10. Imagine

"That was embarrassing." Zak informed me as I was still sat on the grass holding my head. He had dismissed the crew onto tasks, something I was grateful of at this moment in time.

"Sorry you feel that way." I murmured. My mind felt like it had been on a fast moving carousel and that I had been thrown off suddenly. Leaving my body still, but my eyes and mind still spinning.

"What did you have for breakfast?" He asks pulling up the grass between his feet whilst in a crouching position.

I wet my lip trying to relieve the parched feeling in my throat. "I didn't.."

"I'm sorry? For a second it sounded like you said you didn't have anything." He forced out.

I looked up with a half smile "Sorry?"

His eyes shifted darker with annoyance "You're a fucking liability!" He hisses before stalking away leaving me to groan.

The last thing I needed was another war between us being waged. I for one didn't have the energy to tell him to remove the stick from his ass. The most I could do was hold my head up, right now.

Seeing him come back towards me with an epic strut, I groan again and lower my head between my knees. Hoping that a small pit would open up and consume me... Quickly.

A bottle of water lands between my feet, followed by a granola bar.

"Eat it."

I pull the bottle of water across the grass and unscrew the cap before drinking half the bottle straight back, sighing at the cool sensation that slivers down my throat.

"Oh that's nice.." I breathe.

His staring had me pull the granola bar up and unwrap it enough to stuff it into my mouth.

"Good. Now you can tell me why you didn't eat anything."

I roll my eyes and gesture to the bar sticking out of my mouth.

"Don't make out you're hungry now, I told you to eat this morning and you didn't bother. So why didn't you have food?"

"I wanted to read."

He looks at me incredulously "Read?! You've just passed out and all because you wanted to read?"

"I wanted to know what happened to Andy and–"

"I don't give a shit!"

"Oh Zak!" I raise my voice making him throw his hands onto his hips. "I get it! You're pissed and I'm holding up your filming time! I should have eaten something and I didn't. But I really haven't got the strength to argue with you right now!"

Pushing my hand against my forehead, I continue to eat the granola bar until it's gone, ignoring his presence looming over me.

"Good, now you can collect your things from the car. Bacon will be here in a minute to take you back."

My head snaps up to meet his face "What?!"

"You're no use like this. You're going back to the rental and you can either use the time to learn about the drones and anything else you haven't learnt yet, or as you find it so important... Read." He turns and stalks away.

"Asshole." I retort causing him to stop, I know he's heard me as his fists clench before he continues. "You know if you didn't tear my book up, I would have been able to eat in the morning."

Yeah. I threw that at him...

+++

As promised, Bacon picks me up and brings me back to the rental, leaving me to potter around in boredom.