11. Taste & Temptation

I surface from the bedroom almost two hours later, where night had fallen and I was hoping he would be asleep or scarpered.

But as my foot touches the doorway to the lounge, I find him, sat on the couch.

His eyes are fixed to the TV, and I wonder if he's looking at it so intensely in case he's worried I'd feel uncomfortable, if he looked my way. Truth being told, I don't know if I would or not.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to make this harder for him, we are both embarrassed. Both caught in a compromising position.

"I should have locked the door." I begin, feeling I should start and maybe take some control of this conversation. Keeping this bottled up will make it turn into something sinister.

"I shouldn't have been rushing to use the bathroom that I didn't bother to check first. The mantra of piss was drumming in my head. I didn't hear the shower until I saw you..." He trails off.

My cheeks heat up.

"Yeah it was kinda awkward. Sorry for reacting like that."

"It's perfectly understandable... I really was going to use the toilet, not peep on you like some pervert." He frowns looking down at his jeans.

"I know."

I know she says, even if I'm in the biggest hoody I can find, plus sweat pants. I might as well wear a space suit.

"I took a piss in the bush in the garden.."

I snort "Won't worry about watering those tonight."

He smiles slightly "Sorry, by the way."

"Forgotten about. Let's just bury it. In a box. Then throw it into the ocean." I speak making him nod. "Hungry?"

"Yeah, starving. Something smells really good."

I grin. "Spaghetti bolognese, go wash your hands whilst I finish it up."

I'm surprised when he does what I say instantly as if I have a hold over him, but then I think perhaps he was listening through awkwardness. Couldn't blame him. I felt awkward too, if he asked me to jump, I'd be jumping to wherever and whatever height I needed to.

Plating up dinner into pasta bowls, I slice up a baguette roll and add it to the table when Zak reappears.

The jeans have been replaced by shorts, his shirt was now a t-shirt and he looked visibly relaxed.

"This smells amazing."

"Hope it taste as nice." I comment sitting down to his right as he sits at the top of the table.

"Carrots?" He asks looking over to me as I fork some mince up.

"Trust me. Slow cooker."

I watch as he picks up his fork and tries to go the subtle way of testing the food first. Taking a small amount, he pops it into his mouth and eats its. No doubt working out the flavours and textures along his tongue.

"H-holy shit." He speaks looking at me with alarm.

"What? You don't like it, do you?" I drop my fork and reach for his plate when his hand clamps down on mine to stop me.

"Delilah. This is amazing." He speaks still holding my hand in his warm paw.

"T-thanks."

He notices our hands and drops mine before taking hold the side of his plate and eating it with some force.

"Zak... Zak slow down."

"Oh god." He moans. Before taking some bread to get some sauce.

"I'm sorry about work today too." I start making him slow down enough to nod.