53- This is different

[I know I've always done Zak's in 3rd person but there's little things I want to add that I don't think they will convey properly in that writing style. Keep an eye out for the authors note @ the end regarding my stories]

Zak POV

I watched as Delilah paced back and forth across the room, her phone pressed to her ear and fingertips gently touching her lips as she listened.

There was only one way I could describe her and that's mesmerising. After a month of absence, the heart really does grow fonder and my heart was certainly singing its own tune at the sight of her. Stood in a grey night dress, with her dad's key hung around her neck. The nightdress didn't take anything from how captivating her eyes were. Her hair was flowing freely down her back like it's own piece of silk.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Laying in bed, I felt the tiredness in my body but smiled at the reason behind the tiredness. We hadn't left the house much since she came back. Not that I'm complaining, it meant I had her undivided attention and I was certainly a greedy man. In fact we hadn't really left the bedroom. Again, not complaining..

"But what does that mean?" She asks, her brows knitting together in stress.

She was on the phone to Detective Wicks, the only man who could stop us from spending an afternoon between the sheets.

The verdict was in regarding Randy's sentencing. I had asked Delilah in the small hours of this morning why she hadn't attended the whole court procedures, and her answer was quiet fitting...

"Because he's taken enough of my life already and I don't want to waste a second more on that man and his evilness. I came back for two things Zak, you, and to give my statement. I am lucky not to have suffered the way that girl did, I should be grateful."

I pushed the sheets off my legs and slid from the bed carefully, almost in stealth mode. But just as I placed my foot closer to the door, a finger snap made me stop and Delilah looked at me.

"Going to make us brunch." I whispered.

"I'm not hungry.." She answered softly.

She was stressed. It always put her off food.

"I don't care. I'm making us food and you will eat it, or I'll be spanking your ass." I replied making her smile.

That was all I needed. Her smile, the curve of her lips, the twinkle in her eyes and the way her eyes smiled too.

She was breathtaking and I was absolute besotted.

I had sent out a mass text to Billy, Aaron, Bacon, my mom, Meredith and anyone else who thought about stopping by for a surprise visit. I told them not to.

As rude as it probably seemed, I wanted to lay foundations down with Delilah, to spend time with her properly, not have to grasp a few moments because my house had a revolving door.

Standing in my boxers, I decided to make us both waffles with strawberries and blueberries. Using the time Delilah spent on the phone to make them look presentable and edible. Plus it gave me an excuse to use the waffle iron, Aaron had bought me whilst we were on lockdown. But I did return the favour with a One Direction make up kit. I think he enjoyed it..