Chapter Eighteen

It has finally begun, this competition that I have been waiting for this week that I was staying with Simon. It has finally started and I'm freaking out, as I heard the announcer tell us that they were starting and that they were about to go live, that was when I started to get nervous.

We were led to a room, when we got there we saw that the judges were sitting in front of us, I tried to look for Simon and it took me some time but then I found him, when our eyes met I could feel myself relaxing when eyes met I saw him giving me a friendly smile to ask me if I was okay and also telling me that everything is going to be all right, I smiled back at him telling him that I was okay and nodded a thanks to me.

'The first battle of the competition is going to be a 1x1 rap battle, some of you already knew this so it is going to be a little bit different this time.' The announcer said 'This time the judges are going to be putting you two and two together and then the rap battle begins.

Everyone that was in the room except for the judges were shocked from what they just heard. The judges looked like they were ready for what was ahead of them they walked to the waiting room to figure out who is going to be battling who, after a while they came back they looked over the contestant, it looked like they were searching for a pray. The one of the judges spoke up

'We have decided that you will vote who is the most likely to win this competition and the man or woman that are in first to third place will chose first who will win while the rest will be partnered up by us the judges, but there are rules, you cant vote for yourself, you can't cheat, you cant look at the paper that the person next to you. You have 5 minutes, the paper is under the seats that have your names on it, go.

When he said go everyone just ran to their seats got the paper and got to work. The forms were easily done they were so simple you only had to put who you thought were in the first, second and third place. I decided to be rational and put the once that I really I think w ould win so I put Bewhy in the first place and then C.jamm in the second place, I really like them as rappers I really think that Bewhy will become a really good rapper and I think he will become really famous and C.jamm would also become a well known rapper.

When everyone was done voting they had to count the scores to know who the winner is going to be. After a short while the announcer called us up and we went to our places.

'I have the final scores right here in my hand, as I said before the first, second and the third place gets to choose who they go against, but the rest is going to be put together by the judges. I'm going to start with the third place'

While he was talking I totally zoomed out, I could only hear cheering, when I felt someone tap my shoulder I looked to my side and saw that C.jamm was trying to get my attention but I was so out of it that I just looked at him with a confused face until I finally heard his voice

'Hani you won the third place' he said with a amused face 'go on to the stage'

I was still trying to figure out what was happening, I had no idea that I was already on the stage where the first to third place were supposed to stand, when I finally figured out what was happening I smiled like an idiot and tried to find Simon, when I saw him I gave him the biggest smiles that I have ever had on my face since my mom died.

While the announcer was revealed the second place I got this really confident feeling it was like 'I am actually that good and what I do to get third place, like I really am better than Lea' I don't know what happened but the feeling that I had been feeling the last days, those feeling that made me feel like I was nothing and not good enough just went away. And those feelings got replaced with the feeling that I was actually good enough to win this competition, that I can actually win Lea.