A Beautiful Guide (Tom)

PROLOGUE

Tom Hiddleston was in China.

***

A woman with shoulder length black hair and white flawless skin was speaking with an old woman. She was quite adorable. Her eyes were sparkling and her smile was dazzling.

Tom didn't understand what they were talking. But from her gesture, she wanted to buy something.

"zhè jiàn duō shǎo qián?" she asked.
(How much is this piece?)

She gave the old woman some money and the old woman gave her the thing in exchange.

"Xièxiè." She said as she nodded.(Thank you.)

He wanted to ask about road direction, he hoped she could understand his language.

"Excuse me miss, may I ask some help? How to get to this place." Tom asked politely as he pointed to his map.

She took a brief glanced to his map, "It's about two blocks from here. It isn't very far. It will take you 15 minutes to walk there." She answered to him through her Asian English accent.

This man is obviously an overseas tourist, she thought. "I can take you there. Actually I'm on my way there." She gave him a warm smile. He was glad that the locals here are very friendly. Tom shot her back a charming smile "Yes, please. I would glad to have some help, Miss-"

"Mei." She lightly answered as she held out a hand for him to shake. "I'm Tom. Tom Hiddleston. Nice to meet you." her small hand was cold when he shook it. The weather is still cold, the coldest month is over, but spring is still around two months away. As she pulled back, "Ladies first" he said as he welcome her to walk first. His manners are impeccable.

"So tell me where do you come from Mr. Hiddleston?" she chit-chat as she tilted her head to his direction. They were walking side by side in slow pace.

"Tom please. I come from England, London." He said with his thick British accent.

"How about you, do you live here, Miss Mei?"

"Call me Mei, please. I live with my uncle at Shanghai. I came here to celebrate the Chinese New Year with my family. This night is going to be the Chinese New Year Eve's." She said. "Did you come here for holiday, Tom?"

"Yes. Actually this is not my first time here."

"So welcome to China again, Tom." She greeted him. "You come at the right season. During the Spring Festival holiday the locals are at their merriest, cuisine is at its most bountiful and the atmosphere is popping with such excitement. This is the best time of the year to experience authentic chinese culture. What place that have you visited?"

She was so welcome, friendly, full of excitement as she spoke, energetic and cheerful.

"The Great Wall of China was amazing." he said with admiration. He held out his camera and show her some pictures that he took before. In a short time they have been good friends.

The time passed quickly. "This is the place." She said as we stopped in front of a building. 

"Thank you Mei. I wouldn't make it here without you."

"You're welcome. I would like to invite you to have New Year's Eve dinner at my home." she said.

"That is a wonderful invitation. Of course, I would love to."

"Allow me to send away these packages first." Tom said as he guided her to enter the building.

"Sure" she nodded.