Reveal (Sharpe)

Somehow it related to my previous chapter : Pregnant (Mrs. Sharpe). But you can read this one as one stand. I'm not good at giving warnings.

******

You can tell there was an unspoken truth in this mansion. Something that Thomas and Lucille were concealing from you. You had inquired it once but your husband confirmed you there were none, nothing to be concern of. So you did believe him at that moment. He loves you dearly and you loved him more than everything.

Thomas did his best to make sure you were rest enough and well nutritious due to your twenty weeks pregnancy that quite draining your energy so far. Putting your works aside for a quite time and live in free stress environment. For the baby sake and your own goodness you obeyed him without second thought. You were carrying the Sharpe's offspring after all and the burden was on your shoulder.

You woke up in the middle of the night, sweating, panting from the nightmare that have been haunted you for couples weeks. You never told Thomas about it, he already had enough problems to worry at and you didn't have the heart to add them. Those weird dreams that keep telling you to begone of the mansion. But you never understand the point. Why should you leave, you have your beloved husband here and the mansion that you and Thomas rebuit together was so breathtaking beautiful.

You turned your head to Thomas bed side and found it empty and cold. Where could he be at this hour? You thought. He usually in his workshop fixing something there but you found it was vacant. You wandered and called his name several times around the ground level to look for him. Since the basement floor has been closed permanently buried forever when the house renovated. The only placed you haven't look for was the attic, the upper layer of the house. Your instinct lead you there to have a check on.

On your surprise, you heard faintly of two persons, they were kind of middle of something, they were debating. As the curiosity creep on, you hide somewhere unseen and eavesdropping to their conversation.You can't see them yet could hear them.

T : we have discussed this, Lucille

L : you've been avoiding me for some time, Thomas. How long are you going keep that way?

There was a pause...

T : I can't do this.

L : Thomas, you were right earlier. I support you.

T : Enlighten me, sister.

L : About the child, we need the child to extend our Sharpe's surname so it will not end in our hands. For the baby, I will spare her life, I will not harm her...

And when she gave birth I would take the baby from her hand. She has no use anymore, her wealth were nearly running out spent on this house and fund your projects.

T : LUCILLE! HOW COULD YOU? CAN'T YOU GET IT, CAN'T YOU ACCEPT IT THAT I LOVE HER. DO YOU THOUGHT THAT THE LOVE I HAD FOR HER IS ONLY TEMPORARY.
I WANT CHILD FROM HER BECAUSE I DO LOVE HER DEARLY NOT MERELY TO SECURE THE BLOODLINE OF SHARPE.
AND HOW COULD YOU SAY YOU WILL TAKE THE BABY FROM HER ONCE HE/SHE BORN. FOR GOD SAKE Y/N IS THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD.

L : NO THOMAS I WOULD NEVER ACCEPT IT. YOU CAN'T LOVE HER. AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WE DID THIS TOGETHER, I PICKED YOUR BRIDES AND WE TOOK THEM IN, CONFISCATE THEIR WEALTH IN A SUBTLE WAY AND EVENTUALLY END THEIR FUCKIN LIFE.
YOU WERE PART OF THESE DAMN PLANS. DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO DENY IT.

I would only spare this one bride of yours because she was carrying your child. But only until she gave birth. I couldn't promise you what will I do to her after that.