Chance (Loki)

After you were diagnosed by a doctor some time ago, you and Loki broke up. This was your decision. The best decision you can think of for him, you guessed.

You couldn't let him mourning over your death once when you were gone and drown into heart breaks because your short life as a mortal. He will lament with sadness for his entire life for thousands of years.

He still has much time and many chances. He will eventually forget you and move on then meet another woman.

We were not meant to be together.

I don't love you, Loki.......I never love you.

You dropped the bomb.

You told him a lie.

You were sick, very sick. And you just made the hardest decision in your life.

He seemed didn't buy it yet he said no words. Silence fell between. His face were mix with feelings.

I'm so sorry Loki, you internally screamed. Afterwards you left. You didn't even bother to look back. Because if you did, you won't be able to control yourself to run into the prince and comforting him.

And you broke into tears.
You cry even harder than when the doctor drops the diagnosis on you.

You didn't know how broke he was. He was devastated. A broken heart is the worst. It's like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time he breathe.

You left him wondering with full of questions in his head. He blamed himself. Was it something he said or did to you that make you left? Or maybe he was never worth to be loved, everyone will eventually leave him, he will remain alone in the end.

He thought you were healing him.  But no, you just broke him even more. The life on earth without you is meaningless. So he decided to go back to Asgard, locked himself in his chamber, never left even once, he barely eat and refused to meet people.
He tried to forget you, but the harder he tried, the more he thought of you.

You are still undergoing medical treatment but it doesn't seem affect much because your condition was getting worse day by day.

You weren't strong, he was your strength. So when you left, you fell into sorrow and there was no one to  bring you out of it. You were alone and helpless.

Everything was fuzzy and your vision was blurry, God please help me. I am not ready to die yet. You pleaded before the darkness claimed you.

There was someone who watching all this all the time, he was bless with the golden eyes, he was watching over you, knowing your pain and he told the prince, the gatekeeper Heimdall made him see everything he has witness by touching the prince's head and every scenes played in his head.

Loki saw how you were struggle to live. He was enlighten. Why you left him. Why those pass months you looked thinner and pale. He should have known from the start. Why can things like this escape from his attention. Oh God. You looked very suffering and you keep it all on your own.

In matter of second Loki was back on Midgard, he saw you lying sprawled on the floor and you did stir as Loki pulled you to his chest. "Y/N...."

You mustered up the strength from your drained body to look to the side and there he was. "L-Loki?" you whispered.

He shouldn't be here and saw you in this state. Loki hung his head low, holding your hands with both of his.

"Why are you here?" each words is a struggle.

"I'm sorry y/n."

"Why should you apologize?"

You attempted to sat up and Loki slid his arm about you and helped you up.

"Y/N..."

He kneeled down to your eyes level. Your eyes locked with his. "Give me a chance." he said. Your heart skipped a beat at his words.

"Loki"

"Let me help you treat your disease....I'll treat you." he sternly said.

His tears continued to flow as he laid his hand upon your cheek. You never seen him cry like this.

You throw your gaze away from him.

"Don't turn away from me. Look into my eyes." he begged.

"I should have known it from the start. It's my fault. Let me help you."

"It's not your fault, Loki."

Just know now that there is nothing more precious to him than you. His tears are mixed with pleading.

"And when you get better.... You may leave whenever you want." he said. He rather to saw you left him than to see you dying and eventually die.

"How did you find out?  How?" you shook your head disbelief.

"Heimdall made me see every single thing you've been through."

Tears streamed down your cheeks like a flowing river.

"You. Can't. Die. I won't forgive my self if you die." his hands were trembling as he spoke.

You swallowed hard and didn't find a word to say.

"You have to get better and tell me. Tell me you never loved me. Tell me to get out of your life."

You leaned forward and he embraced you. He was so scare of losing you.

You felt guilty for saying you never loved him and made him felt that way.

"Loki I love you and I never stop loving you. I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. I... I thought it was the best decision."

"I know y/n, I know everything. Now you have to give me a chance."

You nodded.

"Loki, but the doctor has given up." you put your face on your palms and cried "I want to live, I don't want to die, Loki."

"I don't trust midgardians to take care of my dearest queen. I got the best healears from Asgard to treat you. There are still hopes." he assured you.

You managed a small smile while looming into his beautiful eyes. You believed him.

He kissed your lips, your nose and your forehead. "I love you y/n."

Then he wasted no more time, lifted you up in his arms and took you to Asgard.