Chapter 15- Beginners Battle Training

"You have to start beginners battle training. It will teach you how to fight, not fall to your knees and cry." Jackson said. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Are you mocking me?" I asked. He smiled. "No, no. Never." I laughed.

He walked me behind the House Of Enchantment. We walked into an open field where a lot of young kids were sword fighting. I looked way to old to be there, as most of the kids looked 8-11.

There was an older girl running around to the different groups of kids, perfecting there techniques, keeping them from killing each other.

She had caramel colored skin, steel gray eyes, and dark brown hair.

When she finally had run to all the groups, she took a deep breath and went over to talk to another girl.

This girl had dark blonde hair, neon green eyes, and pale skin. They talked for a minute, but the first girl had to run to a group of little girls who looked like they were about to kill each other.

"Be gentle! You are just practicing, not fighting a real monster!" She said as nicely as she could. "Hi, Katrina?" Jackson said.

She looked up and smiled. "Jackson! Mike and Jason are in training! Please stay for a minute and help me!" She looked at her friend. "You could help too, you know!" Her friend smiled and ran over to a pair of young boys who were having fun whacking the ground with their swords.

"I can't, Katrina. I have to get to advanced warrior. I needed to bring Rose to your class, she's new." He said. "Okay, then go. I'll take care of Rose in a minute. Samy! Drake! Hit the swords, not each other!"

Katrina ran off to go confront the boy and girl. I smiled. These were crazy little kids learning how to fight. It just seemed so crazy, it made me laugh in a way.

Katrina's friend and taken to helping a group of older girls who seemed totally clueless and uninterested.

Just as things started to get out of hand, 2 boys showed up. One was tall with dark brown hair, tan skin, and blue eyes. The other was short with black hair, pale skin, and steel gray eyes.

"Mike! Jason! Thank goodness you're here! Please help!'' Katrina yelled at them. They both ran off to settle down groups of kids, and soon enough, all was calm.

"All right! You will all get a partner and spread out! Sit down with your partner and wait for more instructions!" Katrina yelled at the kids.

There was some rustling around, but soon enough all the kids were sitting with partners. Katrina said something I couldn't hear to the 2 boys, and walked over to me.

"Ah, so you're Rose? Nice to meet you. I'm Katrina. That tall boy is Jason and the short one is Mike. The blonde girl that was just here is my best friend, and her name is Madison. You'll see her around a lot too. We're the beginners trainers. So I'm going to train you today."

I nodded. "So first, get out your sword, I will teach you how to hold it properly." I pulled my sword out and held it in my hand.

"Right, now put you pointer here- Oh! And you pinkie has to go right on the edge. Make sure you always keep your thumb low so it doesn't get chopped off. And, there! Perfect! That's how you correctly hold a sword." She said.

I looked down at the grip. It felt normal and easy to use. "Okay, now what?" I asked. "Now the basic positions. First is standing..."

She then proceeded to show me the basic positions and how to keep balance. She showed me how to slice up and down with the sword, and how to block basic blows. I got it all down pretty fast.

Soon a few hours went by, and I knew all the basic positions and moves. I still hadn't done sword fighting for real, but Katrina said that if we had the time we would try to start tomorrow.

At lunch all the young kids scurried away to get first grabs at the fresh food. I walked up with Katrina, Mike, Jason, and Madison. I felt like a little kid because they were all 20 and I was only 15 (almost 16!).

I learned a little about them on the walk back up the hill to the picnic tables. Katrina and Mike both have fighting as their power. Madison had earth powers. Jason had water powers.

They were all basically best friends. They had come to camp the same day, took the same classes, and advanced at the same times.

Now Mike, Jason, and Katrina run the beginners battle training, and Madison hangs around a lot to help because she's good with kids.

They had a pretty great time living here. The only problem was they had all left behind families 10 years ago, and had only written letters to them.

That seemed pretty sad but they all seemed okay. They kept busy and didn't worry. They were all finished regular training and only took extra credit classes to keep their skill up, not that they all didn't get help from the kids.

Soon we parted ways to at the picnic tables, them to go and find their own table to sit at, and me to find Jackson and/or Rainy.

Before I could I heard someone scream.