Chapter 55- Losing Hope

"No freakin way." Jackson muttered under his breath. I jabbed him with my elbow and he shut up, rubbing his side. I looked around at all the cloaked men and women here.

"We can't beat them all." I muttered to Jackson. He nodded and stood next to me in the group of cloaked people. I didn't know what to do. "You two." My heart stopped. Castor had pointed at Jackson and I.

Jackson grabbed my hand, and moved forward with me. "Who are you?" Was all Castor asked. "Um, Melissa and Jake. We were assigned to come here last night." I lied, hoping my voice didn't shake.

"I see. Could you take your hoods off for me?" He asked. My heart fell to my shoes. Jackson held my hand tighter, and pulled his hood down. Then, he swung his arm and punched Castor in the face.

I pulled my sword out, and Jackson did the same. The guards surrounded us, their swords out and pointing at us. Castor sneered at us, touching his nose to make sure it wasn't broken.

"You stupid little children. I despise all of you!" Castor said, wiping his bloody nose.

Four guards burst in, one had Rainy in his grasp, another Sky, then Tanner, and the last Katrina. My heart sunk. "Sir, we found these four wondering the castle. What should we do with them?" The guards asked.

"Leave them. You may leave. The rest of you may leave as well. I can take care of them. Just be ready if I call you or if one tries to escape." castor said, and all the guards left.

"You must be really confident if you think you can handle six magicians on your own." Jackson said. Castor laughed harshly. "I don't need confidence. You are all weak and useless."

Rainy laughed. "That's at the top of my list of "the best compliments I've ever received"." She said. I laughed unwillingly. "Sorry." I gasped. We all burst out laughing. Sky doubled over and fell to the ground.

"Stop laughing you stupid children!" Castor yelled. I took a few deep breaths, and composed myself. "Now that I have you all here, I'm going to take your magic." Castor said, flat out.

"And what makes you think that?" Jackson asked, folding his arms across his chest. Castor laughed again. "What? Do you think you're going to stop me?" Castor asked mockingly. "Maybe." Jackson said.

"There is no maybe. Only no. You all have underdeveloped powers. Well, you do have this enchantment boy, but he's the only exception." Castor said, gesturing to Tanner. He blushed.

"But, this boy is to soft. He won't kill me. You all are amateurs when it comes to sword fighting. So, what, you'll stand there and imagine killing me? I doubt that'll work." Castor said, pulling out and wand.

"Who wants to go first?" Castor asked. "Me!" Sky said, jumping forward. "Ah, the little air girl. I can deal with that. Step forward." Castor motioned to a spot I front of him.

Sky stepped forward. "Sky! No!" I cried. I jumped in front of Sky and pushed her back. "No, Rose!" Sky pushed me away with incredible force. I stumbled into Jackson, and he caught me.

"Help her!" I cried. Jackson didn't move. No one did. "Wonderful." Castor said, taking Sky's arm. He drew symbols up her arm, chanting strange words. Sky squirmed in pain as the wand burned her skin.

"Sky!" I cried. Sky started coughing, the color drained from her face, and her knees gave way. She fell to the floor. Castor's hand glowed white, pulling Sky's magic from her. I screamed, trying to reach her, but Jackson held me back, which was probably better for me.

Then, Castor stopped chanting, and his hand stopped glowing. Sky collapsed on the floor, her breaths ragged. I ran to her, stroking her hair. "Sky. Come on Sky. Please." I whispered. I felt tears come to my eyes, and as hard as I tried, I couldn't stop them.

"I...didn't...want...this...remember?" Sky whispered. I started crying then and there, not caring who was watching. Sky went limp, and for a moment I was afraid she was dead, but I could still hear her ragged breaths.

Jackson and Tanner helped me move Sky to the side of the room. Rainy kneeled down next to her to protect her, and make sure she was still alive.

For the first time in my life, I lost all hope.