Chapter 50- Readying and Goodbyes

Cameron fitted the camera-belt-thing over my weapons belt. May fitted motion detecter bracelets and anklets on me, her fingers long and nimble.

Tanner walked in with Jackson, laughing at what was probably a corny joke from my boyfriend. I was glad Jackson was trying to get along with Tanner, even if he was a little jealous.

"How's it going?" Tanner asked, cheery. "Good, I guess." I mumbled as Cameron twisted me around to fasten the belt, somewhat rough.

"Ow!" I yelled as he poked me with the clip. "Sorry." He mumbled, lost in thought.

Jackson walked over to me. I kissed him playfully, teasing him before we kissed. He laughed into my mouth, kissing me slowly. He was surprisingly gentle for a strong teenage boy.

"Hey, Lovers, are you trying to make us jealous? Need I remind you, you are in a room of single people?" I heard Tanner say behind me.

I wrapped my free arm around Jackson and gave him an exaggerated kiss, laughing in the middle of it. "Okay. Okay." Jackson said, pushing away from me. He looked shocked. I must have kissed him to hard, or done something else wrong.

I watched Jackson walk back over to Tanner. "I thought you and Katrina were dating." Jackson said, inspecting Tanner. "Is that what you thought?"

Tanner laughed harshly. "She doesn't want a boyfriend right now. She said one day, maybe, but not now." Tanner said, straightening a piece of paper that was already strait.

"Well, when she's ready, you'll be her first choice." Jackson said, his voice shockingly gentle.

Then, I felt an almost painful surge of electricity go through me. I pushed away from the hands on me, gasping for air. I was scared and shocked.

"S-sorry." I said, catching my breath. I got my bearings, and flashed an apologetic look towards Cameron and May, who had been adjusting my armor.

Tanner eyed me. "Did you feel that?" I stared. "D-did you feel it too?" I asked him. Tanner laughed and shook his head. "No, no. But I saw it. That looked painful. Are you okay?"

I nodded, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans. "It hurt. Sorry. Last time I felt random electricity, I hurt someone. Sorry." I mumbled. I shook out my hands and walked back over to Cameron and May.

"It's okay." May said calmly, slipping a wand into my weapons belt. "Just incase." She whispered. I smiled and let the twins finish up, but I stared to get fidgety.

"Hey! Stand still!" Cameron yelled as he adjusted the belt. "Sorry." I mumbled, distracted. I felt electricity buzzing inside me. That happens when I'm nervous. My magic goes a little haywire.

Once May and Cameron were done, I adjusted my armor and examined myself in the mirror. I looked fairly normal. I looked like a magician ready for battle.

You couldn't see the cameras, not unless you looked really hard. I planned to ditch them anyway, if I had to fight. They were heavy.

I looked over at my friends. Rainy and Sky had shown up. They were in the middle of a very intense conversation about combat.

Rainy looked up, and smiled at me. I ran over to her and tackled her in a hug. She laughed. "Good luck." She said, letting me go. I turned to Sky.

She rolled her eyes and opened her arms wide, signaling that I could hug her. I hugged her gently. She whispered, "Get 'em." In my ear, and I let her go, laughing.

I turned to May and Cameron and said, "Thank you, for everything." they smiled and nodded. "It was no trouble. We were happy to help." May said.

I turned to Tanner. He was staring at the ground. "Hey, Tanner? Can I get a hug over here?" I asked. Tanner looked up, his eyebrow raised. "Why would you want a hug from me?" He asked, smirking.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and hugged him. He hugged me back, which made the magic inside me go wild. I pushed away. "I don't want to electrocute you. You are some kind of magic-magnet. Sorry."

Tanner laughed. "No. It's fine. It's my fault. My magic is really strong, and I wasn't thinking, it's kind of like a magnet. You're magic is sensing mine. I have to concentrate to stop that. I didn't realize." He said.

I felt the pull of magic inside me die. "Better?" "Better. Thank you. I hope I'll see you soon." I said. Tanner nodded. "I will. I'll be the one using magic instead of a sword. You'll see me." He said, then he let me go.

I looked over at Jackson. He was smirking. "Me next?" He asked. I laughed. "Well, if I have too..." I said, laughing. I hugged Jackson, and he hugged me back.

He wrapped his arms around my back, drawing me close. I moved my head, and I kissed him, just once when he wasn't expecting it. He kissed me, too, and I laughed.

I had never wanted to be so close to someone, to hug them, to kiss them, to love them. To be loved by them.

I rested my head on Jackson shoulder. It fit perfectly there. "I love you." I said to him. And I meant it. "I love you, too." He said, and I knew he meant it.

I pushed away from him, and looked over at May. "Are you guys ready?" I asked. May nodded. She pressed a few buttons, then the portal machine turned on.

A box of blueish light appeared at the edge of the table. I stepped up to it. "Wish me luck. See you all soon." I said, then I stepped into the portal.