Chapter 25- Complecations

Me and Sky walked up to the picnic tables together and I invited her to sit with me and Jackson. She said she would without wavering, I thought she would be shy.

I walked around and tried to find Jackson, but he was nowhere to be found. Sky and I got food anyway and found an empty table. As soon as we started eating Jackson came over and sat across from me.

"Hey, Rose. And, you?" He looked Sky over, but then eyes got wide. "I know you!" They both yelled at the same time. "You're the jerk who brought me to this stupid camp!" Sky yelled. "Well your the little girl that punched me in the face and kicked me there." Sky smiled proudly.

"Yeah, I know, idiot. I was there. And now I'm here. Your fault." She growled. Jackson looked furious. "Why you little-" "Hey!" I yelled to cut him off. They both looked at me.

"Why is it everyone I meet hates you?" I asked Jackson. "Because I'm awesome, and people are jealous?" He suggested. Sky coughed, "Yeah, okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night." Jackson stock his tung out at her.

Sky made a face at him. "Go and get something to eat!" I yelled at Jackson. He stood up and gave me a wounded look before getting food.

"That's the boy you like? The boy you're friends with? He's a show off and a jerk. I thought you were better than that." Sky said. She was about to stand up and leave when I pulled her back down onto the bench. "Please try to get along with him. I want to keep you as a friend, Skylar."

The younger girl sighed and sat back down. She yanked her arm away from me. "If he says one thing bad to me I'm leaving before you can say Sky. Got it?" I nodded.

"Let me talk to him, okay?" Sky nodded and looked down at the table. I got up and walked over to Jackson, who was angrily filling his plate with potato chips. I touched his arm but he turned away from me.

"Please, Jackson. Lets not play this game. Not now. Not here." He turned to me. "Rose, I must ask you how you find these people. Why are you friends with some little girl who hates me?" "Because I like to make you angry." I said, exasperated.

Jackson turned away from me again. "Jackson, look at me. What's really bothering you?" Jackson continued to look away. "Rose I-" His voice cracked. He started to walk away, but I grabbed his arm.

"I can't say." He said, his voice wavering. "Jackson, you can tell me anything. You know that." He shook his head. "No. No. No. You don't understand. I just can't tell you." I sighed.

"Jackson." He looked up at me. "Rose. The prophecy." His eyes were watery and his voice was breaking. "I have to go." He said, and then he walked away with his food, I guessed to his cabin.

*****

After me and Sky finished eating, we decided to go see Mr. Blackwood about us living together. We hiked the short distance alongside the hill to get to The Mansion.

Mr. Blackwood was sitting outside on the deck when we got there. "Mr. Blackwood?" I said, he seemed to be sleeping in a comfy deck chair. "Yes, Rose Clearwater. Skylar Champ. What can I do for you?" He asked, his British accent showing greatly in his relaxed state.

"Well, we were wondering if Sky could transfer cabins? She could live with me, instead of in her current cabin." Mr. Blackwood sat up. He pondered that. "I'm sorry, Sky, but I can't do that. You must stay in your cabin, at least for now." Sky sighed.

"Why?" She asked, sounding very upset. "I think Rose here needs her own cabin. You would not understand, Skylar. Rose probably doesn't either. I'm very sorry, but I cannot let you move cabins. I understand there is nothing keeping you from sleeping at Rose's, eating at Rose's, moving your things into Rose's cabin. I'm trusting you, and that is something I don't like to do. So please, don't ruin this opportunity."

Sky threw her hands up and walked away, leaving me and Mr. Blackwood alone. There was a long silence, then I said, "Mr. Blackwood, can I ask you something?" The older man smiled. "But of course."

"Well, it's just, everyone keeps talking about a prophecy. And, they say I'm in the prophecy." He nodded. "I was wondering when you were going to ask about that. You see, my answer is simply, you are not ready to know. Not yet."

I was dumbfounded. Mr. Blackwood was acting very strange today, he wasn't helping at all. "But why?" The man sighed. "Knowledge is a burden. It is better for you to not worry. To live a normal life." I coughed. "Live a normal life? Are you kidding me?"

"Rose, please trust me. You will know, just not now. You will know." He said. I was exhausted and angry and now annoyed, so I turned and left.