O N E

My hands circled around a broken man's torso as we both stood there, soaking ourselves under the pouring rain beside a graveyard.

"Baekhyun, you can't be like this."

"They leave me alone, Taera. They told me to wait for them at home. They were going to make a surprise for me."

"I know. I'm sorry for that. I really am. God loves them more now. But Baek, your parents wouldn't like to see you becoming like this."

"How do you know that? You weren't there when they were dying in the crushed car!"

His raised voice made me flinch and if it was a normal day, I would've smack him on his neck for doing so.

"Your mom once told me that she hated it when she saw you cry. She said that it made her suffocated to witness your tears."

The hug loosen a bit but you were still sobbing at the crook of my neck; mumbling a few unidentified words in the process.

I swallowed down a huge lump on my throat as tears started to brim in my eyes. Oh Lord.

'Don't cry Kim Taera. One broken soul needs to be mended in front of you now. We don't have time to think about your feelings.'

My mind kept on talking to me, telling me that I needed to appear strong and steady, at least in front of Byun Baekhyun.

It's hard to accept that your used-to-be-healthy parents were killed in a car crash during your birthday.

You felt the pain.
So did I.

But we both knew very well that crying so much wouldn't make both of them came back alive.

"Baekhyun, should we go back now?"

"Will we come back here tomorrow?"

"Of course dear. I'll accompany you."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

With a soft kiss at the back of your hand, I dragged you gently towards my car while you, staring at the freshly covered graves with a pair of teary eyes.