E I G H T E E N

Being a manager to Byun Baekhyun didn't mean that I was not a composer anymore. I created music using my phone when I waited for you to finish your modelling sessions.

But it's hard to produce something new now. Thanks to the distraction that I got from you and your playboy instinct.

It's difficult to feel grateful that I was still breathing; still living healthily. It felt so fake, so unworthy.

My relationship with my other acquintances also shattered to pieces. Why? It's all because of one key word. Jealousy.

"It must be nice being a hot man's manager, right Taera?"

"W-what are you trying to say? I love my old work even better."

"Ouh. Stop pretend that you're not enjoying this. You must be celebrating your new position. You worked so hard to seduce him before."

"Hey! I didn't seduce him at all okay! He's my friend since we were little."

"Come on Tae! Everyone know that the girl in yesterday magazine is you! Lacy, see-through outfits? You've got to be kidding me!"

"Ugh there's no use in explaining the real situation to you at this rate. You won't even listening to me anyway. Go on. Believe what you want to believe. Should I call Baekhyun now to verify the whole story to you?"

"You won't dare to do that. I know-"

I yanked my bag opened, grabbed my iPhone and dialled your number. The woman before my eyes was starting to panic.

"What the heck! Taera stop calling him!"

"You want to have some 'tea' right? I'll give you what you want."

After second ring, the one who at the other side of phone picked the call but when I greeted, there wasn't any reply.

"Oh dear. He doesn't want to talk to you right?"

She giggled like a dying dolphin as I kept on saying hello to the phone. Why the fuck you didn't say a thing back?!

My eyes widen in excitement as a 'hello' reached my hearing and her evil smile being replaced with a frown. But she gasped out of nowhere on the next second.

A hand snaked on my torso and stopped at my waist, holding me tight while drawing small circles against the fabric of my denim jacket. The familiar scent of Hugo Boss perfume made me froze instantly.

"Why are you calling me honey? Any problem?"

Oh Lord! Is this a knight in a shining armour that you sent to me?