F O R T E E N

You did well in answering each of my questions patiently while we were lying on the lazy chairs beside your indoor swimming pool with a few glasses of fruit juice and a movie that you turned on using the projector. 16 hours passed by with our chatttings that we held back since 2015.

Monday came with lighter shoulders and the Monday blues feeling was attacking me as usual. Weekends always passed by too fast for me to notice. I hate it.

"Morning Ms Kim."

"Morning Mr Kim."

Chen or Kim Jongdae, a friend of mine who works as a full time lyricist who owns a honey-like singing voice threw me a chesire cat grin as he walked to his table.

"It's always fun to greet each other like this."

"Your cousins hate it though."

"Minseok and Junmyeon are fine with it. Jongin will move on soon."

"Yeah. He will after he pesters me about it for a whole month. It happened before."

We both chuckled at the memory of a hot bronze guy clinged on me to stop doing that 'Kim' greetings whenever he's around. It annoys him.

Well, I didn't bother to change that habit. It's nice to tease him. He turns into a bear whenever he sulks.

"Had a rough weekend?"

"No. What make you asked that?"

"Eyebags. Heavy sighs. Slump shoulders. Troubled eyes."

"Nahh. It's nothing much. Small things happened."

"It's Baekhyun again, isn't it?"

I averted my gaze from his face. He knew me too well. I really didn't want to share your state with anyone else. Privacy is something that you at least deserve.

"Stop worrying too much. He's a grown up man. He'll make it in a month or so."

"I hope so. But.. I don't know. It's hard to predict what that boy will do."

"He won't do anything stupid. And if he did, inform me. I'll drag the Kims squad to bring his senses back."

"Glad to hear that Jongdae. Thanks."

"Anytime Tae. Gotta go. See you around later."

With a tender pat on my back, he went out of the room, heading to somewhere that I didn't care to know.

I pulled my shits together, reminding myself that my work is far more important at the moment. New melodies and harmonies needed to be produced in a week. Focus Kim Taera.

I dragged my bare feet to the soundproof studio that has my name on the door and brought my stillettoes by hands. I hate heels but I couldn't help it when the rules stated how women should wear heels on Monday.

My delicate fingers danced on the mini piano 5 minutes later with random beats and notes in my mind as I closed my eyes in concentration. The melody sounded so down and melodramatic. My mood affected it.

One beep sound from my phone yanked my soul back into the room as I slowly opened my eyes to the empty golden room.

Meet you during lunch in my office.
-bbh