Chapter 21: Remembrance

Agent Name: Gabriel Reyes
Date of Birth: XX/XX/XXXX
Classification: Soldier
Rank: Blackwatch Commander
Weapon: Dual Shotguns

————————————————-
Agent Name: (Y/N) (L/N)
Date of Birth: MM/DD/YYYY
Classification: Soldier 
Rank: Blackwatch Lieutenant
Weapon: (w/c)

What happened? What went wrong?

     10 Years Ago...

I trotted through the corridors of Gibraltar, my (w/c) hanging at my side. Jostled around with each foot forward. I stopped outside a door that had a large sign on it with a middle finger and the words 'F-k off' written in big bold letters.

     "Ugh, Sir?" 

The only response I got was a low grunt from behind the door. At least he acknowledged my presence, he never usually did unless we were in his office.

     "Permission to come in sir?"

    "What is it, Lieutenant?"

He opened the door to his room, and I blushed. He was dressed in a tight gray t-shirt that defined his muscles and his boxers. He stared down at me, eyebrows raised in such a way that I could see the bags that hung under his eyes. It looked like he hadn't slept in days.

     "Um, M-McCree requested a debriefing of our l-latest mission."

Reyes eyes me up and down as if I were some sort of foreign object in his presence. I fidgeted beneath his gaze, lowering my eyes to stare at the floor.

     "I sent that runt all the information this morning," Gabriel grunted. "He should know by now what a case file is."

   "Y-Yes, Sir." I bowed my head, "Of course, Sir."

Gabriel rubbed the short strands of his goatee. I could feel his amber eyes on me, causing my cheeks to light on fire.

     "Are you sick or something?"

     "W-What?" I looked up, chewing the inside of my lip.

     "You're face is flushed," Reyes pointed out. "You have a fever?"

     "I—No!!" I jumped, "I mean, not because—No, I'm not sick!"

I stomped my foot furiously, cursing myself mentally for my insolence. God, why does he do this to me?

I hesitantly looked up again, only to find a sly smirk tugging at the corners of the man's lips. "What's so funny, Sir?"

     "You."

     He thinks...I'm funny? I curled my toes and brushed back my hair nonchalantly. "T-Thank you, S-Sir..."

     "Cute."

     Cute!? I tapped my foot nervously, "I-I'm...cute?"

     "Pft, yeah." Commander Reyes rolled his eyes, "You always act like you're afraid of me. And here I thought we were friends."

My eyes shot open. Was I just...friend zoned? I opened my mouth to speak, but decided that saying nothing was better.

     "W-We are, Sir..."

     "Go get something to eat," I flinched as his commanding tone returned. "I'll catch up with the rest of you later."

I nodded silently as he closed the door, leaving me to rock on my heels out in the hallway. I slapped myself, but my blush still remained.