Chapter 32: Her Sacrifice

"You cretin! Get away from her!"

Blue helix rockets flew through the air, causing debris and rubble to fly everywhere. Wait, helix rockets?  

     "Jack!" I shoved Gabe to the ground as the soldier, Ana, Lena and Angela barged through the now gaping hole in the wall.

     "Ana, get (Y/N)! I'll take care of-!"

     "No!" I threw my arms out on either side, "Don't hurt him! He's not-!"

     "Enough!" Ana hissed, "Where's Jesse and Genji?"

I paused, feeling the sweat drip down my neck. "I...I don't know." We all froze when the covering to the air vent fell at Jack's feet.

Genji came tumbling down in between the both of us, landing neatly on his knees and one hand. "Well there's thing one, now where's thing two?"

The vent creaked again, and suddenly Jesse tumbled out and onto Jack's back. "Ah!" He hollered like a child, holding his hat firm against his head before knocking the older vigilante over.

     "Found them," Lena giggle.

     "Get off of me," Jack grumbled, shoving Jesse off with his shoulders.

As soon as he stood up again, he aimed his rifle towards Gabriel and I. "(Y/N), move." I hesitated, leaning back as I stared into the barrel of his weapon. 

     "Please, Jack, listen to me."

     "I will not ask you again. Step, away, from him."

I nodded quietly, struggling to force myself to get up. I heard Gabriel groan as if he were still in pain as I walked closer to the old soldier. I walked past him to towards Angela.

     "Please, you have to make him listen to me." I tugged on her sleeve, "Please, Ange!  He's back! Whatever Moira did is wearing off."

She was about to speak when Jack stepped closer to him, forcing the end of his rifle beneath his chin. He raised his head, staring in the darkened eyes of his once former brother-in-arms.

     "Jack, don't!"

I stopped when I noticed a purple glow out of the corner of my eye. I saw her, standing there, a devilish smirk draped across her face. She had her hand pointed quietly towards Gabriel's weakened form. Had nobody noticed her enter the room?

     "Pets always betray you in the end," she murmured sadistically. "Might as well put this one down then."

     "Gabriel, no!" I ran forwards.

     "(Y/N), get back!" Angela tried to reach for me, expecting me to tackle Jack. 

I ran towards the both of them, when a white hot pain shot through my spine. It felt like my spine and muscles were tearing themselves apart, and all the color drained from my face. Everyone turned in my direction, even Jack, to find Moira's biotic grasp latched onto me.

She let me go, causing me to stagger forward. Gabriel wraithed forward, just barely making it in time to catch me. Jack turned around, eyes wide with disbelief.

     "Do I really have to do everything, by myself?" She seemed rather unpleased. 

     "Well, shit." Jesse hissed under his breath as several Talon soldiers crashed through the windows and through the ceiling. "It would appear, that we're surrounded. Ain't this familiar, eh Genji?"

    "No!" Reaper's eyes blinked rapidly, his claws rubbing them furiously. He took my limp body in his arms. 

         "I'm sorry," I murmured. "I tried..."

I felt Gabriel stiffen. "(Y/N)! Hey! Look at me, that's an order!" I blinked, slowly lifting my chin to meet his gaze. "I l-lo...you..." He hesitated, looking around and mumbling, as if he were trying to force the words out.

He sighed, shaking his head. Looking up, his eyes met Moira's. "I'm going to make you burn in hell..."

     Cold...no, it's getting so cold...

I reached up weakly, my fingers brushing his cheek. "L-Look at me..." I heaved for air, "P-Please..."

     "(Y/N)?" 

I tugged on the collar of his coat. He leaned in, expecting me to say something, but instead I kissed him. He froze for a moment before kissing back. I sighed, pulling away and resting my head on his shoulder. "(Y/N)?"

I didn't answer. "(Y/N)? (Y/N)! (Y/N)!?"